My family is planning about a 2 week trip to Vietnam in December. We are currently starting our trip in Hanoi and from there taking a 2 day 1 night Halong Bay cruise and spending either 2 or 3 days in Sapa. We are now trying to decide how to spend the second week of our trip, Hoi An or Phu Quoc? I know these are two very different places, but both have different draws for us. We love the looks of ancient town Hoi an as well as the opportunity to visit the My Son ruins, take boat rides down the river, see the lanterns and walk through the markets, but the beaches and jungle of Phu Quoc look hard to beat. We could compromise for the beaches near Hoi An, we are just worried that the weather won't be the best. We don't mind a little colder temperatures (around 70-75 degrees fahrenheit mid day) but would like to avoid as much rain and cloudy skies as we can. Would late december be an good time to visit Hoi An and spend some time on the beaches there, or would Phu Quoc Be a better option. I would hate to miss Hoi An, seeing as how it is the place I am most looking forward to seeing, but if it means getting rained on and flooded in the whole time...
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 WINDSTREAM 1888:260:2909 password reset contact Tec*h supp0rt 24/7
- 2 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan
- 3 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 4 9 days in Japan in April
- 5 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 6 Question re. fees at BOM
- 7 best way to travel between Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam and Siem Reap, Cambodia
- 8 Best guidebooks for SE Asia
- 9 Spa Bangkok
- 10 Internet in SE Asia
- 11 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 12 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 13 Using a Starling Bank card in SE Asia
- 14 cooking school in Chiang Mai?
- 15 Anti Malarial tablets in SE Asia
- 16 need your help with japan itinerary
- 17 Japan in July with 20 year old
- 18 Hotel in Vang Vieng
- 19 A comprehensive guide for tourists visiting North Goa
- 20 4 DAYS in KERALA...
- 21 VN + Japan 6 wks March/April - which order?
- 22 Travel options from Negombo to Mirissa
- 23 Family trip to Thailand for Christmas and possibly New year
- 24 Skiing in Japan - need advice
- 25 MUMBAI FOR TWO DAYS