Just looking for some advice about being in Ho Chi Minh City during the Tet festival. I understand the city will be much quieter, which I don't mind (1st time visiting) as this will be after a few weeks traveling round Thailand.
I originally thought it would be amazing to be there during a festival but after some research I'm concerned we will be at a bit of a loose end with nothing to do if everything closes down. Does any one know if the tunnels, museums etc. will be closed during this period?
I can possibly swap my route around and go before the city closes down & head back to Thailand - would anyone recommend this option?
Does the city have any sort of celebration during these days so that we can go out and join in the festivities etc.
Thanks for any help or suggestions
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Lalantop:: AOL 1800:681:7208 PASSWORD RESET CONTACT Aol Tec*h by ak/47
- 2 Princess Cruise
- 3 Best day trip from Phuket
- 4 Malaysia to Thailand Visa (Algerian Passport Holder)
- 5 Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar or Thailand?
- 6 Lombok, Indonesia on 24/12/17 to 30/12/17
- 7 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 8 Kata Beach
- 9 two health related questions
- 10 Sulawesi
- 11 meow?
- 12 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 13 Help me plan my honeymoon! 7.5 days in Japan
- 14 First time to Japan (This Month)
- 15 Phuket
- 16 MUMBAI FOR TWO DAYS
- 17 altenratives to Chiang Mai for "northen Thailand experience"
- 18 Racism danger in Cambodia?
- 19 Restaurants in Bangkok
- 20 Bangkok - Suggestions ??
- 21 Food for thought- Restaurant suggestions for India Feb 1-18
- 22 Going to France - Should I Learn French?
- 23 36 Hours in Manila with a Baby and Seeking Hotel Recommendations
- 24 How to travel from Narita airport to Kawaguchiko
- 25 Unique Map & Guide to Tokyo