We are planning to trip to China for March 2014 and are planning to travel from Beijing to Xian on overnight train. I would love to also travel by train (rather than air) from Xian to Chengdu and from Chengdu to Shanghai, but I've seen conflicting information about how long it takes. I read that a high-speed line opened between Shanghai and Chengdu in 2011 but can't find much about it, and I also saw that there may (?) be more lines opening in late 2013.
Do you know anything about any of this? I realize that we can't book until close to our travel dates anyway, but I'd like to have a general sense of how we're doing our internal travel.
Many thanks for any information you can provide!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Recommended drivers in Sri Lanka
- 2 Bangkok
- 3 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 4 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 5 Sri Lanka compared to southern India, which do you prefer?
- 6 Looking for advice on first-time Hong Kong trip
- 7 Best day trip from Phuket
- 8 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 9 Please help! Planning honeymoon in Malaysia!
- 10 HELP WITH JAPAN ITINERARY FOR MARCH
- 11 Bago or Golden rock
- 12 altenratives to Chiang Mai for "northen Thailand experience"
- 13 Restaurants in Bangkok
- 14 Food for thought- Restaurant suggestions for India Feb 1-18
- 15 Junk boat cruise-halong Bay,VNam
- 16 Need some info on travelling to Malaysia?
- 17 Unique Map & Guide to Tokyo
- 18 Sulawesi
- 19 Racism danger in Cambodia?
- 20 8 Days in Bali
- 21 two health related questions
- 22 Princess Cruise
- 23 Malaysia to Thailand Visa (Algerian Passport Holder)
- 24 Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar or Thailand?
- 25 Lombok, Indonesia on 24/12/17 to 30/12/17