We(couple in 30s) are planning a trip to China for 11 days. We are landing in Beijing and leaving from Shanghai. We are struggling to find a countryside/village/nature filled getaway for 2 days maybe after Beijing or after Xian. Would love to hear your thoughts and suggestions.
So far we have got
1) Beijing: Reach in the afternoon (free)
2) Beijing: Tiananmen square, Forbidden Kingdom, roam and dinner in the city (maybe visit silk market too)
3) Beijing: Great Wall of China Mutianyu section, roam and dinner in the city
4) Beijing: Zoo (for pandas) and Summer palace. Overnight train to Xian
5) Xian: Roam in the city (still working on what to do on this day)
6) Xian: Terracotta Warriors
9) Shanghai: Bund and Yu Gardens and roam in the city
10) Shanghai: Daytrip to a Watertown, maybe Xitang?? Evening free
11 )Shanghai - French Concession + explore neighbourhoods (flyout in late evening)
We haven't booked our train tickets yet, would be booking it as soon as we can fill in the two days. Hoping the experts here can help us out.
Thank you so much!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 2 9 days in Japan in April
- 3 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 4 Kyushu Olle Course Trail Resource
- 5 Japan in July with 20 year old
- 6 (Short) side trips from Singapore
- 7 6 Days in Thailand
- 8 Family trip to Thailand for Christmas and possibly New year
- 9 12 days in Cambodia January
- 10 Anti Malarial tablets in SE Asia
- 11 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan
- 12 Internet in SE Asia
- 13 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 14 Wat Arun
- 15 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 16 Question re. fees at BOM
- 17 best way to travel between Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam and Siem Reap, Cambodia
- 18 Best guidebooks for SE Asia
- 19 Spa Bangkok
- 20 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 21 Using a Starling Bank card in SE Asia
- 22 cooking school in Chiang Mai?
- 23 need your help with japan itinerary
- 24 Hotel in Vang Vieng
- 25 A comprehensive guide for tourists visiting North Goa