Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page >

Help with my 13 days itinerary in Thailand

Aug 10th, 2014, 07:58 PM
Original Poster

Hello, everybody, although I have writing about my trip to Thailand before, I would like your input one more time. I am coming from San Francisco to Thailand for (13 days total)
for the first time and would like your help on how I can distribute my days while in Thailand. We are four family members traveling together. While there we would like to sightseeing, visiting other islands, going to the beaches, markets and points of interests. we are not so much interest in nightlife. Let me know what I can do in those 13th days while there. Also, we like fishing. Is there any place where we con go fishing? If you need more information, please let me know. I will be checking this forum off and on. Thanks so much in advance
Aug 10th, 2014, 08:07 PM

What month are you planing for Thailand and what type of budget do you have in mind? Also, do you like saltwater or freshwater fishing?
Aug 11th, 2014, 02:12 AM

For outdoor activities Krabi is hard to beat. But the fishing tours get bad reviews there.

You could try here

http://iamkohchang.com/activities/on...ing-trips.html
Aug 11th, 2014, 07:25 PM
Original Poster

My trip is in June 2015.
Aug 11th, 2014, 07:26 PM
Original Poster

My budget is about $4,000 Dollars to spend over there
Aug 11th, 2014, 09:19 PM

June is not a good month for pelagic fishing in Thailand. You can still go out and try bottom fishing. If you only want freshwater fishing then there are numerous fishing parks around the country and most of them are stocked with a good amount of fish.

For June with 13 days I like to suggest:

4 or 5 days, or 3 or 4 nights, in Bangkok and the rest of your time split between 2 different beach town or island. Try clicking on the link below and see if you like the places I recommend:

http://www.nangyuan.com For snorkelling, fishing and diving.
Phuket and the Andaman side of Thailand *start of the monsoon and beaches could be red flagged.
Koh Samui
Aug 12th, 2014, 06:03 PM

You should check out Koh Samui, lots to see and do. Nice beaches, markets,etc and they also have great fishing tours off the south side of the island. I went on a family trip a couple months ago. We stayed at Hanuman Bay, private cove at Akaryn Resort which was fantastic, went snorkeling there. Went on a fishing tour with on the south side, the equipment and all was provided already, there are several places that arrange fishing tours. I think it's not hard to find at all.
Aug 12th, 2014, 07:30 PM

$4000 is a lot for 13 days.