Finding lots of information on JL passes, but nothing returned in search quite was I was looking for.
Wife and I going to Japan in January, looking at a 7 day JL pass.
Right now we are headed to Kyoto on a day tip (!!! I know I know) then going a few days up to Niigita for snowboarding. Ultimately we have to end up at the Niseko station to meet up with a bunch of friends for our snowboard holiday. We are leaving from the Tokyo station for both Kyoto trip and the journey to Niseko. tthree questions before i pull the trigger on the JL pass:
1) I think taking one of these trains http://bit.ly/RRaBeV should work with the JL pass.
2) Some sites say we can't use Sleeper trains at all, others say an additional fee will apply. Which is it?
3) We're also traveling with two snowboard bags. Will there be any issues on JL with the oversize bags? extra fees? tips or tricks you might share?
thanks for any help you can provide!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 2 cooking school in Chiang Mai?
- 3 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan
- 4 need your help with japan itinerary
- 5 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 6 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 7 4 DAYS in KERALA...
- 8 VN + Japan 6 wks March/April - which order?
- 9 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 10 Travel options from Negombo to Mirissa
- 11 Family trip to Thailand for Christmas and possibly New year
- 12 Skiing in Japan - need advice
- 13 MUMBAI FOR TWO DAYS
- 14 best way to spend two days in Chiang Mai
- 15 Vietnam April 5 - 16
- 16 Trip to India Feb 1-18
- 17 PNG : Plumed, primal, proud...
- 18 Wat Arun
- 19 Solo or group tour for first trip to India?
- 20 Miyajima Island
- 21 What to do with a Layover in Taipei?
- 22 Vientiane to LP December
- 23 Safest beach area for solo female in Sri Lanka
- 24 Hotel in Vientiane 18-24 December
- 25 How to travel from Narita airport to Kawaguchiko