Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Asia (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/)
-   -   help with itinerary (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/help-with-itinerary-1001698/)

juliajane Jan 3rd, 2014 05:37 PM

help with itinerary

I think I am going to plan my own trip as it seems if I involve a company the cost really gets too high.
I do need help with my itinerary. At first this was my plan:
Delhi (3 nights) - i do need to stay 3 nights
Agra- (1 night)
Jaipur (2 night)
Ranthambore (2 nights)
Shapura Bagh (1 night)
Udaipur (3 nights)
Then fly to Mumbai

Thought this was good plan but then I was asked why do shaperu bagh does not really break up trip and does not make sense for 1 night.
I was also advised to take train from Agra to Ranthambore then do jaipur and then udaipur...
help please>..what is easiest and best itinerary with family?
J

santoshsharma Jan 4th, 2014 12:26 PM

I think you can add VAranasi in your trip

uhoh_busted Jan 4th, 2014 02:46 PM

We are going from Agra to Ranthambore in February. We are taking a train, as our TA told me the roads between Agra and there are terrible, and by train, we could get in an afternoon drive. (we will also stay 2 nights). Meanwhile, our car and driver won't get there until late that night. Then we will proceed to Jaipur, Nimaj (which breaks up an otherwise long long drive), Jodphur and Udaipur.

juliajane Jan 4th, 2014 05:56 PM

Ok so that makes sense. Agra to ranthambore then jaipur and then udaipur?

XTrail Jan 5th, 2014 07:11 AM

I think there is nothing to be gained by working your own itinerary but an awful lot to be gained by using a TA with good contacts in India.
May I suggest WildlifeTrails(TigerTrails)
We have travelled with them 5 times to India & cannot fault them for organisation & experiences especially Ranthambhore booking your own drives could leave you in poor sighting areas.
They also sponsor local schools & conservation.
Drop Alan at WildlifeTrails an email, nothing to lose & I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

JerryS Jan 6th, 2014 05:29 PM

I agree with XTrail.
A good Guide adds so much to your trip and in many cases will save you money.
I highly recommend VP Singh, LegendsandPalaces.com.
Check out his website and what others on this forum have said about him.
He is the best.
Do not be pennywise and pound foolish.
This is a once in a lifetime experience.

uhoh_busted Jan 7th, 2014 12:21 PM

We've used VP Singh at Legends and Palaces to plan our trip. He was wonderful to work with and we are very excited to be "down to" just final details before we leave on Feb 10!
We travel a lot, usually independently, but have found it useful to work with a "local" TA when visiting someplace outside of Europe or the US. Generally, we get a better deal than through a group-tour program, and we certainly have benefitted in terms of being able to tailor the details to fit our personal interests and style. He's taken care of some in-between details we never would have thought of.