three week Itenerary

Search

three week Itenerary

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17th, 2007, 09:24 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
three week Itenerary

I have three week in December and January to visit Thailand. I'm looking to spend time in the north, on an island or two, and few days in Bangkok. Any suggestions?
Old Apr 17th, 2007, 10:04 PM

Bangkok
Chiang Rai/Golden Triangle
Chiang Mai/Mae Hong Son
Phuket/Phi Phi/Krabi/Khao Lak
Bangkok
with 4 - 5 nights in each location.

It's the busiest and most expensive time of year, so you should reserve early and budget generously. If you let us know your budget and interests you will get lots of concrete recommendations.
Old Apr 18th, 2007, 07:25 AM

sei---you will need to tell us more in order for us to give good info...

budget, interests, your age are things that help
Old Apr 18th, 2007, 10:00 AM

I have to agree with Kim Japan. We did not make it to Chiang Rai, but if it is as wonderful as Chiang Mai you will love it!
Old Apr 18th, 2007, 04:56 PM
Original Poster

We are going on our honeymoon, and I am planning a honeymoon registry, so I am looking fo gift ideas for family and friends. We are in our early thirties,and love the outdoors. We live in Alaska, and so want a few down days in the sun and on a beach. I've heard there are a lot of things to do in and around Chang Mai, is this correct? We would love to visit the parks, and do some treking.
Old Apr 18th, 2007, 05:27 PM

There are people who love CM, and then there are people like me. CM is Thailand's second largest city, and it has a bad case of urban sprawl. It's air has lots of particulates even when they aren't burning fields because they burn their trash. For me it has all of the disadvantages of a big city (pollution, terrible traffic) without the advantages (easy rapid transit, great restaurants and hotels).

So, for your interests, I'd recommend either staying outside CM (there are some nice places outside the city) or go to one of the areas like Mae Hong Son or Pai or head to the Golden Triangle area. If you'd like some time at a gorgeous resort that isn't a beach, I'd highly recommend the Anantara at the Golden Triangle. It's a beautiful place, it has a great cooking class, a fabulous spa, elephant conservation camp on the grounds, and offers access to things to do in the area.
Old Apr 18th, 2007, 09:51 PM

Kathie, whle you make a point about CM's air quality, I didn't find it to be too bad. However, the bigger reason for the air quality is the location of CM in a valley. The smoke can't easily escape the city like i can BKK since BKK is on a flood plain. CM is surrounded by mountains.

Mark-