I am organising a trip to Vietnam with my husband and 2 daughters (13 and 16). I wanted to do something special and not overly touristy if at all possible in Vietnam with little time. We are leaving next week on the 21st July and I am finalising activities now. Unfortunately I had an ankle injury not healing properly and my husband has a problem with his foot too so no hiking option for us
At the moment I am looking at 2 options for overnight stay close to Hoi An:
- a homestay bicycle tour organised by heaven and earth, in the countryside around Thu Bon river delta; it sounds fun and hopefully feasible cycling distance with injuries, but wondering if it is something very similar to what we can do on day trip from Hoi An, where I am planning to stay for a few days.
- the Bho Hoong & Co tu explorer option in the village with drive by jeep, which include a long drive up the mountains up to minority group village; Given that we cannot hike I thought it could be an interesting way to show girls the remote village, any feed back on the trip?
any help much appreciated. I would normally look into adventure and self organising my trips but given the poor health I might have to opt for a more organised version. any suggestion onj how to do it without ending in a touristy trap.
the full itinerary is not very original, basically:
- flight into Hanoi 2 night (1 day)
- halong day cruise 3D2N
- sleeper train to Hue
- visit citadel and perfume river :night in Hue
- drive to Hoi an over the Mai Pi Leng Pass
- 3 night in Hoi an with day activities
-1 overnight stay around Hoi an (Bho Hoong or Homestay fvillage )
- back Hoi an for 2 night
- flight to Ho Chi Minh, night in HCM
- mekong delta -possibly 3D2N
- back in Ho Chi Minh 1 full day and 1 night
- last day HCM flight back at 7pm
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Halong Bay overnight boat tour or Bai Tu Long Bay overnight boat Tour
- 2 Hotel in Hanoi
- 3 Mekong delta bike tour
- 4 Restaurants in Bangkok
- 5 Please help! Planning honeymoon in Malaysia!
- 6 altenratives to Chiang Mai for "northen Thailand experience"
- 7 8 Days in Bali
- 8 two health related questions
- 9 Princess Cruise
- 10 Best day trip from Phuket
- 11 Malaysia to Thailand Visa (Algerian Passport Holder)
- 12 Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar or Thailand?
- 13 Lombok, Indonesia on 24/12/17 to 30/12/17
- 14 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 15 Kata Beach
- 16 Sulawesi
- 17 meow?
- 18 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 19 Help me plan my honeymoon! 7.5 days in Japan
- 20 First time to Japan (This Month)
- 21 Phuket
- 22 MUMBAI FOR TWO DAYS
- 23 Racism danger in Cambodia?
- 24 Bangkok - Suggestions ??
- 25 Food for thought- Restaurant suggestions for India Feb 1-18
HELP ITINERARY vietnam trip ,activities with overnight close to Hoi an