Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page > heading to Phi Phi Islands for 2 or 3 nights... I need some help...

heading to Phi Phi Islands for 2 or 3 nights... I need some help...

Jul 22nd, 2009, 05:10 AM
Original Poster

heading to Phi Phi Islands for 2 or 3 nights... I need some help...

Hi all! we are so excited to be heading to Thailand on Sunday (3rd time in 3 years!!!)
After a few days in BKK, we will be heading down to Phuket on Friday morning and at first figured we'd be there for a week. We have never been to Phuket/PhiPhi - therefore the questions!
I have already booked a hotel in Phuket for the first 4 nights (Friday-Tuesday), and would like to head out to Phi Phi for some time too.
My issue is this:
We must be back in BKK on Friday afternoon (for the Sabbath), so should we go to Phi Phi from Tues-Thursday (2 nights), or stay Thurs night as well - would we make it back to a flight to BKK same day? - obviously it would mean needing to take all our things with us to Phi Phi, rather than leaving at the hotel in Phuket...

would 2 nights in Phi Phi be enough? - we can most likely get like 2.5 full days there....is that enough?
if thoughts are strong about it, I guess we can always head to Phi Phi on Monday - even though Monday night hotel in Phuket is already paid for... not teh biggest deal ;-)

thanks all!
Jul 22nd, 2009, 05:19 AM

I personally would want to leave Phi Phi on Thursday if you must be in BKK on Friday. At this time of year, the water can be rough, weather rainy/stormy; boats back to Phuket could be delayed... why risk doing all of your traveling back to BKK on Friday? Spend Thursday night in Phuket, maybe somewhere closer to the airport. Phuket is a large island, and you can be an hour or more (depending on traffic) from the airport, depending on where you stay.
Jul 22nd, 2009, 06:48 AM
Original Poster

so do you think that Tuesday+Wed+ Thursday would be enough time to enjoy Phi Phi - considering we;d be traveling IN on Tues morning and leaving on Thurs evening?

Search this Thread