Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page > Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
Notices

Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?

Apr 15th, 2014, 05:02 AM
Original Poster

Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?

Hi. We are a family of 2 adults and 2 kids (10 and 12 years old) and are considering staying at the Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket. I have read many reviews but have been unable to find the answers to some questions:
Are there any cheaper, local style places to eat within walking distance of the hotel?
Is it a busy, in your face, area?
Is the beach and water great?
We would like a resort on the beach, where we can swim in clear clean water (without stingers or jellyfish), with a range of watersports on offer (stand up paddle boards, kayaks, snorkeling etc). Also like to walk to restaurants without it being a super hectic area.
Am I looking at the right area? If not I would appreciate any suggestions you might have
Thanks.
Apr 17th, 2014, 04:55 PM

Hi,

Firstly I must preface this response by stating I am associated with the Resort. While I will leave the customer sentiment on the property to forums such as this and sites such as Tripadvisor I did think it appropriate to answer your more general questions.

The resort is located within a complex known as Laguna which is itself a destination within Phuket. It is extremely family friendly and certainly a lot less crowded and safer than some of the other Phuket areas such as Patong. That said it does have a good range of shopping, restaurants and services throughout the complex with free shuttles (land and water) able to take you to most places. In terms of restaurants there is a good selection catering from the very traditional beach shack to the more formal fine dining experience. Many are walking distance from the resort.

The property is nestled between the ocean and the lagoon with lots of water sports, such as those you mentioned, available free of charge. We have a fantastic recreation team that is on hand to ensure no one gets in trouble.

With regards the beach a lot does depend on the time of year you are looking to travel. December through to April is generally regarded as the most calm in terms of waves etc but Bang Tao beach by in large is OK for swimming for a large part of the year. All hotels on the beach use a color coded flag system to advise the relative danger of currents etc. Phuket is not known for a lot of stingers or jellyfish but that is not to say there are some out there!

I hope this helps with your choice.

Kind regards
Apr 25th, 2014, 08:53 PM
Original Poster

Sorry for my late reply. Thankyou so much for clarifying my queries. Sounds like just what we are after. Thanks for your time to respond.

Search this Thread