Search

Weather

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19th, 2001, 09:34 AM
royboy

Weather

What are the best and worst times of the year (weatherwise) for tourist travel to Sri Lanka?

Old Jun 20th, 2001, 04:56 AM
Myriam

Most tourist areas are at the south/westcoast and in the hills. The best season for a visit to the south- and westcoast is between November and April. We have been there in February and had a few days with heavy showers in Colombo and in Kandy. The rest of our stay (the Hill Country, Polonnaruwa, Anuradhapura, Mount Lavinia) was sunny and very hot.

Old Jun 20th, 2001, 05:51 AM
philip

Not sure but take a look at the website <BR>"worldclimate.com" It gives weather information such as avg. rainfall by month and avg. hi/low tempatures.

Old Jun 20th, 2001, 08:58 AM
Royboy

Thanks Myriam. If you don't mind I might have some more questions as our plans for this trip progresses. Roy

Old Jun 20th, 2001, 04:22 PM
Kathy

Just discovered www.weatherbase.com. It is very thorough and an easy site to navigate.

Old Jan 16th, 2002, 08:49 AM
gill

I was wondering the same thing. Am planning a trip there in March, but am at a loss to find a hotel on a good beach. Have you come across the Ranweli holiday village?<BR><BR>