Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Asia (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/)
-   -   Has anyone flown out of Krabi? (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/has-anyone-flown-out-of-krabi-570135/)

jen120978 Nov 10th, 2005 12:04 PM

Has anyone flown out of Krabi?

My husband and I would like to fly from Krabi through BK to CM. What airlines use that airport? I can't find the info online anywhere? So far only Thai Air? Does that seem right? Thanks,
Jen

Lyndie Nov 10th, 2005 12:37 PM

Yes. We flew BKK/Krabi/BKK on www.bangkokair.com in April 2004. I believe the route was cancelled after the tsunami. There was another airline flying from Krabi. I think it was Phuket air, not certain. JamesA, a regular here, will know for sure.

If Thai is too expensive, you could fly www.airasia.com to Phuket and get a bus to Krabi. Scenic trip & takes around 4 hours.

Lyndie Nov 10th, 2005 12:40 PM

Apologies- Bus from Krabi to Phuket then fly from there. It's way too early & I haven't had my coffee. Sorry!

rhkkmk Nov 10th, 2005 06:13 PM

phuket air is bust i believe...unsafe according to the thai authroities....yikes....

i believe the most often route is from phuket according to jamesA recently.,..

bkk air or thai air

monsoon99 Nov 10th, 2005 10:32 PM

we are taking that route in December, flying with Thai airways. We booked it through a local thai travel agency in California. We are staying at the Pimalai. They will transport us to the airport from there we fly to BKK with a short stop over and catch a connecting flight to CMai.

JamesA Nov 10th, 2005 11:05 PM

arom, are you sure ? Never heard of Thai Air Asia flying from Bangkok to Krabi, did they start and stop because they are not going now, can't recall them ever operating the route.

Only airline at the moment is Thai, it's worth it for the direct flight, if you fly into Phuket note that the normal and express buses go to/from Phuket Town, thoses buses travel along the main road heading to Phuket town which passes about 5 or 6 km from the airport, I guess a driver might let you off but then you would be on the roadside trying to get to the airport. best from krabi is to contact the hotel travel desk or any tour people localy as they run mini vans to Phuket Airport or asrrange a car with driver, probably USD 50 max.

JamesA Nov 11th, 2005 03:01 AM

Monsoon, sure you know this but just in case, the Pimalai is on Koh Lanta Island in "Krabi Province" and is well south of the Krabi by road and ferry but a good idea having the Pimalai transfer you to/from Krabi Airport as quite a journey.

Oh and Air Asia have 'not' flown to krabi, and that website was wrong, and that poster has been posting links about Moveandstay on other boards too so I should disregard it!!

Don't forget that Thai is Star Alliance so don't forget if you have a UA or other Star Alliance rewards/Mileage to make sure that number is in for the domestic Thai flights and show that card on check in to pick up those mileage/reward points.