Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page >

Has anyone ever booked using Asiatravel.com? Suggestions on booking online to Singapore?

Has anyone ever booked using Asiatravel.com? Suggestions on booking online to Singapore?

Jun 26th, 2001, 09:05 AM
Josie

Has anyone ever used this site (http://asiatravel.com) to book their airline tickets? I was doing some research and came upon some great deals on this site that seem too good to be true, so I'm afraid to use it. (They quoted a RT to Singaopore at around $700 while other search engines came up at over $800 to fly in Sept.)

Does anyone have better suggestions as to the best deals online?

Thanks to all for their advice!

Jun 26th, 2001, 09:10 AM
sraha

Never used them for flights as any I looked at were pricey, but that was here regional Asia flights, better deals in local papers.
However, I absolutely 'always' use them for hotels and I know many others do so. They are a very large operation and have grown over the past couple of years. I have never found anyone to beat their hotel deals. Unfortunately you have not said what your flight route is, let us know any maybe we can comment but you have not said 'from where to where'(?)

Jun 26th, 2001, 10:39 AM
lynn

Josie -

I have not used them for airfare either but can say positive things about their hotel booking service.

If I found a deal on their site on an airline ticket, I wouldn't hesitate to use them.

Lynn

Jun 26th, 2001, 11:01 AM
Josie

Lynn & Sarah,

Thanks for your response. I was looking to book a flight from SFO to Singapore. We actually want to go to Bali for the majority of our 10 day trip, but cannot decide what is better, stopping over Singapore on the way back, or on the way to Bali.

Any suggestions on how to book a cheaper flight and in what order are most welcome! Thanks!

Jun 28th, 2001, 08:44 PM
steve lyon

Ditto; I used Asiatravel.com for a variety of hotels in Penang, Kuching and New Zealand,and was extremely satisfied to say the least. I telephoned to check the first two hotels before actually arriving there but felt so confident thereafter, I just turned up and was never once let down.

Jun 29th, 2001, 11:05 AM
lynn

Josie -

I just put your dates into travelocity.com and Korean Air came up the cheapest at $639 + tax.

You might try looking there in addition to asiatravel.com

Lynn

Jan 6th, 2005, 10:52 AM
adoptionisfab

any other experiences? A coworker found a great fare to Singapore but is hesitant to book it.

Jan 6th, 2005, 08:54 PM

adopt if you can round up posts from the 1980's that would be nice.
Jan 6th, 2005, 09:09 PM

orgy7-what a funny old fella you are! Sometimes posters here amaze the pants off me. Appears you feel the same.
Jan 7th, 2005, 01:39 PM

I'm trying to use them to book 7 nights at the Swisshotle Stamford or raffles the Plaza but none of the hotels show anything past March 30 and I need April. Any idea when April dates might show up? It's not that far off.
Susie
Jan 9th, 2005, 09:11 AM

have used asia travel, they are reliable and curteous.
Jan 10th, 2005, 05:49 AM

Orgy 7 - Good one. That is pretty close to what I was thinking about the other post GOOD FAIRES.

Imagine the time that goes into unearthing these 20 year old posts. He/she could just type a new thread in a 10th of the time. I couldn't even attach a post like this to the Good Faires one because the word is spelled incorrectly let alone ressurect it.