Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page >

Halong / Bai Tu Long bay cruises question

Mar 1st, 2019, 01:33 PM
Original Poster

So, I am also overwhelmed with the amount of cruise options for Ha Long / Bai Tu Long bay (2D/1N).
After some research and reading many posts, i am looking to go to Bai Tu Long (although it starts to look more crowded as everybody recommends going there now).
Originally I looked for the Dragon Legend, but it is a bit pricey for the 5 of us, so i was looking into other options. Dragon Pearl is not an option, as there are no triple rooms, and i don't want to split in three rooms. So, i found (through booking.com) two cruises that seem to go to Bai Tu Long (for approximately the same price, although different costs of hotel transfer, which is not included):
Paloma cruise ( Bai Tu Long; Vung Vieng fishing village; Cong Dam; Thien Canh Son cave; Halong bay)
Signature Royal cruise ( Bai Tu Long; Thien Canh Son; Vung Vieng; Halong bay)
Of course, both of them have their number of good and bad reviews in tripadvisor, and it is being quite difficult to make a final decision on which to book.
Has anyone done any of these two cruises and can provide any additional insight as to which one would be nicer for a family with teenagers? The Royal seemed to include kayaking (but then some comments said it was not even an option) but apart from that they seemed quite similar.
thanks
Mar 7th, 2019, 06:44 PM

Bai Tu Long Bay is worth a 3D2N.