Notices

Half a day tour in Singapore

Mar 31st, 2013, 12:22 PM
Original Poster

Half a day tour in Singapore

Hi, All!

We will be on a cruise to Asia shortly, and will be in Singapore just one day. With a 4-hour window before meeting relatives for lunch, we would like to see as much as possible. I have been to Singapore several times, but not in many years. (I can see from photos and my research that there are many changes.) My husband has never been to Singapore, so I'd like him to have at least a flavor of Singapore, one of my favorite places, in the short time we're there. Honestly, he's not interested in temples. He is a foodie, but in the few hours leading up to lunch, we'll not going to be able to taste much.

Any suggestions on how to tackle Singapore and a practical itinerary?
Mar 31st, 2013, 12:40 PM

I'd start at the Botanical Gardens early in the morning to enjoy the gardens and watch locals doing their Tai Chi.

My next stop might be the Museum of Asia Civilizations, located in an interesting area of the city. You might walk around a bit before going into the museum.

I always enjoy a stop at Raffles Hotel. They have a charming small museum there, and the shopping arcade is worth a bit of exploration.

That is probably 4 hours worth.
Apr 19th, 2013, 10:54 AM

Bedok 85 is dead in the morning. It only opens at night.

Search this Thread