guide Dewa

Sep 26th, 2006, 04:47 PM
Original Poster

guide Dewa

Kim Japan, you have mentioned many times a guide named Dewa, which I gather is a fairly common name from lists I've seen.
1. Does he hire out personally, or just work for the hotel?

2. Do you know his full name?

3. Is he a driver and guide? Just hikes or temples etc?

Thanks to anyone with the answers or other suggestions. I've emailed Putu but haven't heard back yet. I'm sure there are many I can hire when I arrive, but it's always good to find someone quite knowledgeable, with good English skills, who comes personally recommended!
Sep 26th, 2006, 05:05 PM
Original Poster

Oops! Should have clarified I was speaking about Bali, in the Ubud area, so sorry!!!
Sep 26th, 2006, 05:41 PM

The Dewa I am talking about works for Alam Sari as a guide (he is licensed), driver and all around kind of guy. He and his family live in the village of Keliki, and it is at his house that you can experience making palm oil and roasting coffee and cooking lunch. He brought us on the village walk which was wonderful. We went to the Goddess of Education ceremony at the local temple with him. He also brought us to some temples - was driver and guide, an ikat weaving place, and drove us to Lovina when we left Alam Sari. I would think he could do anything you wanted. Another family just had him drive them around some back roads of island.

Dewa is a very common name. I don't know his full name. But surely Alam Sari can help you.

Search this Thread