Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page >

Grand Tower Inn Rama 6 vs. Twin Towers - Bangkok

Nov 22nd, 2005, 06:00 PM
Original Poster

Can anyone recommend which is a better hotel and location? Both are in the same price range, but not sure which is more superior? Any others in that price range that stand above? Any advice would be great. Thanks!
Nov 22nd, 2005, 06:40 PM

i've looked both of them up and find some difficulty in locating where they are exactly....neither looks to be very centrally located...if you are not near the skytrain you may spend lots of money getting to it in taxis so a slighly more expensive hotel which is centrally located might end up being cheaper and more comfortable...not sure but that is what strikes me...

i have never heard of either hotel

please also remember that the pictures shown are the hotel at its very best, which might not have much reality to them...
Nov 22nd, 2005, 07:02 PM

Are these hotels or serviced apartment buildings? I think I've heard of a serviced apartment building with those names or something that sounds similiar to those names. You need to be near a skytrain station or else it will be a headahe...trust me...I was first in Bangkok before the skytrain was built.And it's wonderful with the skytrain so take advantage of it. Happy Travels!
Nov 22nd, 2005, 07:07 PM

OK...I looked up the Grand Tower Inn Rama 6 and it's way out near the weekend market which is about equivalent of being on the other side of the world. Smiles. I personally would not want to stay way out there...even with a skytrain going to the weekend market. I'll try to look up the other hotel as soon as I have time. Happy Travels!
Nov 22nd, 2005, 07:13 PM

Ok...The Twin Towers is looking better. It's near the train station area. The rooms look better,too. Have you tried tripadvisor.com to read the reviews? It can be quite helpful,too. I think you can do better with the location though. But, how much do you want to spend? I forgot to look at the price of these two hotels. Why not try the Novatel at Siam Square? Novatels are always good buys. Happy Travels!
Nov 23rd, 2005, 01:16 AM

I have stayed at Twin Towers before and it's not near to the skytrain. you can
walk there but quite far from the National
stadium bts,about 20 min walk.
The other hotel is way out unless you want
to take taxis all the times.
Nov 23rd, 2005, 03:47 AM

I would stay someplace that is better located. There are many in your price range. Of the two I would definitely NOT stay at the Grand Tower Inn. What's your budget and we can help you.
Nov 23rd, 2005, 06:24 AM

You might check into the Landmark or the Patumwan Princess. These are both nice hotels and well located.
Nov 23rd, 2005, 08:12 AM

or chateau de bangkok or holiday inn silom (can get on priceline for $40 or 45)
Nov 23rd, 2005, 09:21 AM

take a look at this web site for hotels:

www.huahin.20m.com