sila evason samui

Old Oct 30th, 2005, 10:57 AM
kml
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sila evason samui

Has anyone stayed here? I just want peoples general opinions. It looks gorgeous on the website...

Thanks!
Old Oct 30th, 2005, 06:12 PM

I would check out the reviews on Tripadvisor. The place gets mixed reviews. Apparently, there are some design problems with the outdoor bathrooms being not so private. It is only rated #23 of the most popular hotels on Samui, based on tripadvisor member reviews.

We had actually looked at this hotel when deciding where to stay for our honeymoon. For the hefty pricetag, there seemed to be too many minor problems with the place. We have decided on the Sala Samui instead.
Old Oct 30th, 2005, 10:18 PM

Evason always seem to pick 'strange location' ! They took over what was an inclusive family beach club 40 minutes south of Hua hin in a not good location, on Phuket they pride on having a boat to take you to a beach on an island, because their place has a loussy beach, on Samui I don't believ location is great either, the Sala Samui I would think a much better choice.
Old Oct 31st, 2005, 03:21 PM
kml
Original Poster

I looked into Sala Samui, but the pool villas didn't seem to have as nice views. I love the floor to ceiling windows so that we can just wake up and see the ocean - instead of just seeing the wall dividing my villa from the next. Does this make sense?
Old Oct 31st, 2005, 05:36 PM

No. You are absolutely right. The one big thing the Sala is lacking is a good view. I had written them and asked, and the only villa with a view of the beach is the presidential.

I guess if the Evason is what you really want, and you are willing to drop the cash for a pool villa, I would follow the advice of some of the recent reviewers on tripadvisor. I would put in a specific request for one of the more private villas, and be prepared to battle the mosquitos.

The Evason is definitely a good choice, and if you plan it right and get the right room, it sounds like it will be a wonderful trip!
Old Oct 31st, 2005, 09:48 PM

There are actually a lot of great places on Samui in addition to these mentioned, plus lots of luxury villas and vacation properties if you want to do your own thing.
Old Nov 1st, 2005, 04:09 PM
kml
Original Poster

yeah - i'm a bit apprehensive about the mosquito warnings. but haven't seen any comparable views (at least by website pictures) - and i'm a sucker for that... guess i'll have to deal with the little buggers.

thanks for the advice. and enjoy the honeymoon SJLBK!