We are a group of 7 old guys planning on trekking in the Gosainkund lakes area in early April for a total of 6 days. In order to aid in our altitude acclimatisation, we think it would be best to start the trek in Sundarijal then to Therapati to Gosainkund to Sin Gompa and then to finish of in Dhunche before taking the bus back to Kathmandu. I see that travel agencies who advertise the trip do it in the reverse order. i.e. they start in Dhunche and end in Sundarijal. Could anyone tell me if the direction that we are planning on going is problematic as it seems to us that with our way one gets to the highest elevation more gradually.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 2 Solo or group tour for first trip to India?
- 3 Safest beach area for solo female in Sri Lanka
- 4 VN + Japan 6 wks March/April - which order?
- 5 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 6 Wat Arun
- 7 Vietnam April 5 - 16
- 8 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 9 Family trip to Thailand for Christmas and possibly New year
- 10 Hotel in Vientiane 18-24 December
- 11 Trip to India Feb 1-18
- 12 best way to spend two days in Chiang Mai
- 13 How to travel from Narita airport to Kawaguchiko
- 14 Vientiane to LP December
- 15 Prelim itinerary Java, Bali
- 16 5 days in Singapore
- 17 ONLY 3 DAYS in BEIJING -BEST THINGS TO DO?
- 18 What to do with a Layover in Taipei?
- 19 Shanghai in January
- 20 24hrs in Seoul on Christmas..what to do
- 21 Myanmar tour companies
- 22 Luang Prabang for Christmas which Hotel?
- 23 Recommended drivers in Sri Lanka
- 24 Top Things to do in Amazing Bali - Travel Report
- 25 Advice On 15 Day Trip To Taiwan, Vietnam & Laos?