My husband and I will be travelling in Thailand and Laos the first 3 weeks of July. We are in our 50's, in good shape and definitely do our best to have "authentic" experiences of the non-touristy sort (though we do like a bit of luxury when it comes to hotels).
We plan to spend 6 days based in Luang Prabang--decided not to do the drive to Vientiane. We'd love to hear suggestions on day and/or overnight trips that would be good out of LP. We know about the basics: the caves, the city itself, boat trip up Mekong; but if we want to go a bit further afield, what do you suggest? Also, for outside the city, any suggestions for guides?
We'd so like to hear from you--this is such an amazing forum with such knowledgeable and helpful travelers! Thank you for your thoughts in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 BELKIN ROUTER Installation Contact 1800:681:7208 BELKIN Tec*h sup0rt care
- 2 Hiking in Sapa
- 3 Please Help First-Timers to India!
- 4 Looking for advice on first-time Hong Kong trip
- 5 First time to Vietnam. Itinerary help please
- 6 Tips for One Week in Japan with Baby
- 7 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 8 4 nights in Himalayas - Bhutan,Nepal, India?
- 9 Japan escorted
- 10 two health related questions
- 11 Food for thought- Restaurant suggestions for India Feb 1-18
- 12 Restaurants in Bangkok
- 13 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 14 Princess Cruise
- 15 Junk boat cruise-halong Bay,VNam
- 16 Mongolia - Blue Silk Travel
- 17 Nha Trang,Vn taxi
- 18 Bago or Golden rock
- 19 Sri Lanka compared to southern India, which do you prefer?
- 20 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 21 Please help! Planning honeymoon in Malaysia!
- 22 HELP WITH JAPAN ITINERARY FOR MARCH
- 23 altenratives to Chiang Mai for "northen Thailand experience"
- 24 Need some info on travelling to Malaysia?
- 25 Unique Map & Guide to Tokyo