Good rate on great Bangkok hotel

Feb 16th, 2005, 01:34 PM
Original Poster

Good rate on great Bangkok hotel

Does anyone have recommendation or suggestions on the best way to get a great rate at the top hotels in Bangkok? I am a 30yr old female travelling alone and arriving into Bangkok very late (midnight). I would like to splurge on a great hotel for the first few days-- both to relax/limit worries and also arrange for pick-up at the hotel.
Greatly appreciate any suggestions. I've been to Bangkok years ago but was with friends and on a tight budget.
Feb 16th, 2005, 06:05 PM

two good web sites for hotels at all ranges are:

www.huahin.20m.com
scroll down a bit and choose "other thailand destinations"....then click on banbkok city from the drop down menu...this is my favorite for hotels

www.asiavoyage24.com
they tend to be the cheapest, but i have not used them

look at the marriott resort and spa....a great place to unwind for your first few days....we always stay there at the beginning and usually at the end of our trips as well...

we prefer river hotels....

priceline is an option but you have to know how to use it (study: www.biddingfortravel.com)...they rate hotels differently...for instance they classify the holiday in as 4* and it is not....you have to be careful....i only bid on 5* hotels on priceline...
Feb 17th, 2005, 11:41 AM

Sometimes the best rates are on the hotel's website or can be gotten by calling them directly.
Feb 17th, 2005, 01:08 PM

yes...i just got a great rate through the Peninsula website...cheaper than other sites in fact
Feb 17th, 2005, 01:13 PM

Yes, do compare websites as prices vary a lot. Sometimes a hotel itself has the best rate, sometimes the hotel chain's website or telephone has the best rate, sometimes the discount websites are best. I often use www.asiahotels.com
Feb 17th, 2005, 01:18 PM

Jim0884- what was the great rate, if you don't mind sharing...

We would like to stay at the Penn. one night...maybe two if we got a great deal.
Feb 17th, 2005, 02:39 PM

Well, keeping in mind that "great" is relative, i got a $150 rate, incl bfast
Feb 17th, 2005, 09:13 PM

Jim-
That isn't a bad rate at all. $150 with breakfast is pretty darn good. You got that through the hotel? Is it a promotional thing for a specific time period?
Feb 18th, 2005, 06:37 AM

I assume this is the low season rate after April 1 and does not include taxes/servise charges of 17.7%. This would bring the cost to $177 which is still a good rate. This is also available through this booking agent - http://www.thailand-hotels.voyagenow...sula_8186.html
Feb 21st, 2005, 09:50 AM

HI.
I just booked ten nights at the davis a great newish hotel on soi 24 just behind the emporium mall.
They have a B2800 (inc taxes) special...look for it on their website.
http://davisbangkok.net/.
I am in BKK now and went to have a look before i booked...the rooms are great,even the superior(basic).
Otherwise...the Marroit on the river is good. Sheraton grand has a great pool. Pathumwan princess is attached to MBK...8 floors of cinemas, markets...you may never leave MBK!
adam
Feb 21st, 2005, 01:53 PM

I was in BKK last october and checked out the Davis hotel - fabulous! I plan to stay there on my next visit. The spa connected with it, Dulaya, was wonderful
Feb 21st, 2005, 06:03 PM

adam---please write us a detailed report on the davis after you stay there....there was a lot of flurry about it last year but no one ever says they stayed there and have given little feed back....i asked recently and two people responded with limited details...maybe you can introduce us to a new place...it looks nice and the price is great....not sure if i would like the neighborhood...i have ridden by in the past but not stopped