Notices

Going to Siem Reap?

Feb 7th, 2013, 02:53 PM
Original Poster

Going to Siem Reap?

We absolutely loved it and got so much valid information from everyone here. Now seems to be the season and there are two recommendations I'd like to make.

One, please take a look at www.theplf.org . I can't say enough about this wonderful organization. I learned about it here since a frequent poster has actually become part of the organization there. There is a real "Fodors Following" with The PLF.

It will bring a different level of awareness to your special holiday. You will feel like you are contributing to the future of a country if you become involved, even in a small way.
They also explain to you on their website how/why NOT to buy anything from children on the streets or in the markets.

I would also like to recommend our driver, Vuthy. He is a fine young man, spoke good English and made sure that we were comfortable in every way. I do hope he is very busy this year. I know when the rainy season comes things get difficult for all of them

His email is [email protected]. If you do contact him please tell him the Casanova family from Spain says "hello".

I made a fairly detailed trip report that you can find easily here if you click on my name.

Enjoy Cambodia. Once you can see beyond the strife, you will appreciate the HOPE that is in the people's eyes. Beautiful people. Interesting temples. Lovely memories.
Feb 8th, 2013, 01:18 PM

Thanks, Lin, for your suggestions. And I LOVED your trip report!
Feb 8th, 2013, 03:03 PM
Original Poster

Thank you so much, jrjcolllons. I'm glad you enjoyed it and I hope you can use some of the information. I was helped so much by the reports here and answers to my direct questions of concerns.

I have re-read my report myself and it was so great to remember some of those details! I hope we can go back next year.. to visit our driver, the PLF and branch out to a bordering country.

Search this Thread