Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page >

Goa - getting from the airport to the hotel?

Jun 20th, 2006, 11:56 AM
Original Poster

Well, finally booked my flights and hotel to go to Goa next October!!!! Travelling with my daughter who was able to get a break from work to go with me

I am flying on Jet Airways from London and staying at the Taj Holiday Village. Booked everything through Expedia.
Thanks to all of you who helped me deciding in this forum

My question now is, what is the best way to go from the airport to the Taj Holiday Village? Should I get a taxi? If so, do I have to bargain a price or what? My first time to India so I don't know what to do regarding transfer.

Thanks in advance!

Teresa
Jun 20th, 2006, 03:51 PM

Hi..i was just in Goa a few months ago..There is a prepaid taxi booth at the aiport..It is a set rate of around rs 600 if i remember correctly...

That is the best way..
Jun 21st, 2006, 12:41 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Tracy Did you enjoy Goa?
Jun 21st, 2006, 08:01 PM

Yes...I totally enjoyed Goa..It is nothing like the rest of India (well maybe a little bit at times lol) but we just had a ball.

When we visited Kerala on our last trip to India before Goa..we met a guy from Goa..and he invited us to visit..We stayed near Candolim..but visited with him and his family almost every day..It was just an amazing experience..We still keep in touch via email and MSN..
As for Goa itself..it is full of great restaurants..it is dirt cheap and the people are so friendly..

Make sure you check out the Saturday night market called Ingo's and of course the Anjuna market on Wednesday..

We really hope to go back again.If you have any other questions, feel free to ask..

Jun 22nd, 2006, 12:55 AM
Original Poster

Hmmm, sounds you really had a good time. I am so much looking forward to visit it !
Thanks for the tips Tracy, I love markets and will make sure I won't miss those two. If I will have any more questions I will ask you, thanks

Teresa
Jun 25th, 2006, 06:29 AM

The Taj normally has a free transfer service for guests. I'd be surprised if you were not eligible.
Jun 25th, 2006, 06:30 AM

Sorry - hit post too soon. Write to them and check. It is normally a mini van so you may need to wait for fe ax but comfy.
Jun 25th, 2006, 09:28 AM

Tracy,

A small clarification. Goa - and India - is "dirt cheap" only to those armed with euros and dollars. It is not to the people who live and earn there.

Jun 25th, 2006, 09:59 PM

So sorry agtoau..But i am sure u must know that i was not implying anything that u are thinking..I was simply stating my opinion as a Canadian that travelling to Goa...or India in general is very cheap for us...

I am not really impressed with your remark..as i have good friends in Goa..and i am quite aware that it is not cheap for you to live there...

But this is a forum for travellers and i don't think there is anything wrong with stating how cheap it is to stay in India..and i do apologize if i have offended u..Totally not my style..
Jun 26th, 2006, 12:18 AM

TracyB,

My rejoinder was in the form of a clarification - a statement of fact, not of judgment - and not directed at you.