Reload this Page >

From Phuket to Singapore

Search

From Phuket to Singapore

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 08:16 AM
Dario

From Phuket to Singapore

I will be ending my tour of Thailand in the south and have to get to Singapore. Considering that time is not a problem for me what is the best way?

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 08:26 AM
Ryan

Not sure what &quot;best way&quot; implies for you, but in terms of flying Silk Air, an affiliate of Singapore Airlines, has several direct flights.<BR>

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 08:32 AM
Nancy

Phuket as you may or may not know, is an island, so short of chartering a boat, you will need to fly. Thai Air as well as many other carriers offer flights to Singapore, as that is a major hub, especially for European carriers. Singapore Airlines may or may not offer the cheapest fares, check websites and travel agents.<BR><BR>You could conceivably get onto the Thai mainland and take a train or bus down through the remainder of Thailand and through Malaysia to Singapore. If you are interested in this, I suggest you check out the Lonely Planet website or books for advice and how to's. The land route is primarily for backpackers, and Lonely Planet books and website is used by a lot of backpackers.<BR>

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 08:52 AM
John

Getting to the mainland is hardly an obstacel as the post above makes out. I would charter a fishing boat to take to to Krabi from Phuket and then jump on the train down south.

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 12:02 PM
Sarah Rey

Phuket is technically an island but seeing that the bridge is about 150 metres long it is not an 'offshore' island! Silk Air 2 to 3 x daily, Thai Airways daily, flight takes 1 hr 20 minutes. <BR>Exprss but to Hat Yai or Surat Thani to pick up the train route daily to Penang from where you can train/bus south.<BR>You can bus from Phuket to Trang and Satun and take a short boat ride to Langkawi from where you can fly or boat/bus or boat/bus/train south.

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 12:04 PM
Sarah Rey

Also 2 x daily Malaysia Airlines flights Phuket to KL ( 1 hr 10 mins )and you can then bus/train onwards.