Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page > Frangipani Hotel vs. Royal Bay Angkor Hotel
Notices

Frangipani Hotel vs. Royal Bay Angkor Hotel

Aug 7th, 2012, 03:25 PM
Original Poster

Frangipani Hotel vs. Royal Bay Angkor Hotel

Looking for anyone that has stayed at these hotels.
Aug 7th, 2012, 06:44 PM

In Siem Reap?

I only know the Frangioani and at that its pool and restaurant.

Cute place. Good location. We enjoyed the pool a few times as if you spend $5 you can use it even if you are not staying there. It was never crowded at all in February.

I did not see the rooms but I imagine it is a nice place as their sister hotel n PP was nice.
Aug 7th, 2012, 06:46 PM

Are these in Siem Reap? If so, the closest names are the Frangipani Villa and the Royal Bay Inn. (There are often many hotels with very simialr names, so it helps if you can post the website for us)

I've been in Frangipani Villa. Pool is pleasant, lobby is pretty and guests said they were happy with their rooms and service. I really like the location...you are across the river, about 5-10 min by bike or walking the from Pub Street/ Old Market area. There are tons of good places to eat nearby, and it is a safe, interesting neighborhood. I usually stay at the 7 Candles guesthouse in the next block.

I know where the Royal Bay Inn is located (it is pretty much directly across the river from the Frangipani). The neighborhood is perhaps more residential/ green, but not as much going on. Neither is any farther from the temples or the old market than the other. I know nothing about the hotel itself. looks like one of the many generic hotels that have popped up in the last few years, but I may be wrong.
Aug 8th, 2012, 02:35 PM
Original Poster

Thanks -- I should have mentioned that I was referring to Siem Reap. I appreciate your input, and will also check out the 7 Candles guesthouse.

Search this Thread