Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Asia (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/)
-   -   Following Craig & Jeane's lead, I'm heading out. Thailand & Cambodia again. (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/following-craig-and-jeanes-lead-im-heading-out-thailand-and-cambodia-again-1025148/)

lcuy Sep 10th, 2014 01:53 AM

Following Craig & Jeane's lead, I'm heading out. Thailand & Cambodia again.

Just finished packing two 50+ Lb bags and one 40 lb suitcase. Only about five pounds will be my clothing, the rest is school supplies and craft items. They'll be put to use in my primary school classes in Cambodia.

I'll be flying from HNL to SF tomorrow night (thank goodness I just got an upgrade notice!), then will make a u-turn and go to Tokyo, then Bangkok. Three days later, I'll fly on to Siem Reap.

Usually when I have this much luggage, I leave it at the check room in BKK airport and pick it up when I come back to fly to Siem Reap. I somehow overlooked that I fly in to BKK, then out of Don Mueang Airport on Air Asia, so I have to take it all into the city with me. Arrgh. I hate being that woman with too much luggage!

Other than that, I'm very excited to be off galavanting again. My husband gets to stay home with the dogs, our garage construction, and a fight with the city bureaucrats who want to remove two huge old trees from our curb area, so I am very grateful for his patience.

lauren_s_kahn Sep 10th, 2014 01:59 AM

I am off to Thailand at the end of October 2014. I will be interested to read about your trip. I have never been to Thailand before. I have an American friend who has retired to Chiang Mai. I will be staying with her for a few days while looking for an apartment. My entire stay will be based in Chiang Mai. Of course, there will be side trips.

Hanuman Sep 10th, 2014 02:06 AM

Bon Voyage Lucy! Will we get to see you at the GTG?

lcuy Sep 10th, 2014 03:27 AM

In October? I hope so. Mu departure date is somewhat uncertian."Cambodian Time"

kmkrnn Sep 10th, 2014 04:57 AM

Lucy...We hope we get to see you and catch up a bit. Good luck with the kids in SR. I am sure you have some super projects lined up for them.

Craig Sep 10th, 2014 05:29 AM

Have fun with the kids, Lucy. We are at the airport, awaiting our flight (which is on time)...

rhkkmk Sep 10th, 2014 05:55 AM

bon voyage

Kathie Sep 10th, 2014 06:19 AM

Have a wonderful time, lcuy! Enjoy your teaching time in Cambodia.

mrwunrfl Sep 10th, 2014 09:16 AM

Have a wonderful trip, lcuy!

shelleyk Sep 10th, 2014 10:12 AM

The kids are very fortunate to have someone like you caring about their welfare and education. Bon voyage and safe travels.

Marija Sep 10th, 2014 10:59 AM

Have a safe trip.

Lolazahra Sep 17th, 2014 03:24 PM

Have a wonderful time. Cannot wait to hear about your experiences teaching in Cambodia!

Bon Voyage!

simpsonc510 Sep 17th, 2014 06:27 PM

Lucy, have a great time once again, doing something that you enjoy so much!

Sorry we missed you at dinner last Friday in Honolulu, but you were obviously traveling! You are forgiven!

lauren_s_kahn Sep 18th, 2014 08:53 PM

I picked up my long stay Thai visa (60 days) today, Sept. 18, 2014. Let the trip planning begin!