I'm trying to get a handle on figuring out where to start and finish on a trip to Vietnam, during which I'd like to fly to Cambodia for a short while. I've read a lot of posts, but need to start with some basic stuff to help me put an approx outline together of a good itinerary
1) I've checked Vietnam air and flights look to be about $125 from Hanoi to Siem Reap. I guess $250 round trip. I was hoping not to take on any more airfare while on my trip as I'm on a very tight budget. Also I've seen comments about only being able to do this flight one way but not round trip. suggestions?
Is it better to Start in Vietnam, and then to a short trip over to Cambodia, then back to Vietnam to finish traveling to the other destinations I want to do, and fly back out at the end from Vietnam, or should I look at doing everything I want to do in Vietnam, and then finishing trip in Cambodia?I generally like to start in one area of a country, and fly out of the other end of the country so I don't do any back tracking. Stopping in the middle to fly out of another airport to another country, if that's part of the plan
I'll have 3 weeks to 1 month so plenty of time but the bulk will be spent in Vietnam that much I know.
Again: this is all very murky right now as far as what exactly I'll be doing and what cities/towns I'll be in. I find that I always figure that all out, after my initial flights are booked since i continue to find out new information I'd never thought of, from this great site and all the people on it
A few hints from savvy travelers on what does NOT work flying from Vietnam to Cambodia, and on how to make this as economical as possible (as direct as possible) and as efficient as possible (such as if some flights only go one way but not the other) would be great!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 SBCGLOBAL 18oo :681:72o8 password reset CONTACT SBCGLOBAL Tec*h care!!
- 2 Japan in July with 20 year old
- 3 Anti Malarial tablets in SE Asia
- 4 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan
- 5 Internet in SE Asia
- 6 Family trip to Thailand for Christmas and possibly New year
- 7 6 Days in Thailand
- 8 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 9 Wat Arun
- 10 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 11 9 days in Japan in April
- 12 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 13 Question re. fees at BOM
- 14 best way to travel between Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam and Siem Reap, Cambodia
- 15 Best guidebooks for SE Asia
- 16 Spa Bangkok
- 17 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 18 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 19 Using a Starling Bank card in SE Asia
- 20 cooking school in Chiang Mai?
- 21 need your help with japan itinerary
- 22 Hotel in Vang Vieng
- 23 A comprehensive guide for tourists visiting North Goa
- 24 4 DAYS in KERALA...
- 25 VN + Japan 6 wks March/April - which order?
Flying back and forth between Vietnam and Cambodia: where to start