fly from Bangkok to Koh Samui

Oct 6th, 2005, 04:13 AM
Original Poster

fly from Bangkok to Koh Samui

I have holiday plans to land in Bangkok in early November and then go to Koh Samui with my wife and small child. We do not want to get stuck at the airport without a flight. Is it hard to book a domestic airfare from Bangkok to Koh Samui in November? I have read that this is not a busy period.
Any thoughts?
Oct 6th, 2005, 05:40 AM

The only airline that goes to Samui is Bangkok Air, which has lots of flights per day. Go to www.bangkokair.com and see the options, and then book online.
Oct 6th, 2005, 05:59 AM

are you asking is it is hard to book at the last minute? if so no it is not hard to do if seats are available...my experience, off season, with bkk air is that flights are quite full...i would book in advance via internet or telephone...why not get what you want for flights....bkk air also cancels and moves flights around so best not to be disappointed...
Oct 6th, 2005, 06:50 PM

Remember, also, that Samui is very popular with everyone now, while Phuket tourist numbers are way down. Samui is going to be much busier! I agree that you might just want to book your flights ahead of time for this one.
Carol
Oct 6th, 2005, 10:55 PM

Unless you are going for the discounted first and last flights out the fare is probably going to be flexible, some of the aircraft are 68 seat ATR-72's and other are on Beoing 717's which take about 110, so as the story always goes, if there are spare seats you are fine, but if not you are really messed up.
No reason 'not' to book ahead.

www.bangkokair.com