Flights in Vietnam and to Siem Reap

Oct 13th, 2004, 03:00 PM
Original Poster

Flights in Vietnam and to Siem Reap

Has anyone booked their internal air within Vietnam and from Vietnam to Cambodia on Expedia? My impression was that airfare on Vietnam Air had to be booked with a travel agent in Vietnam. Any other info regarding Vietnam air travel would be helpful. Thanks.
Oct 16th, 2004, 09:16 AM

I would wait to purchase your ticket in Vietnam. We purchased our flights when we arrived in Vietnam in Jan 2003. We had no problems getting flights on the days we wanted, except in one case the morning flight was sold out, so we took the afternoon. We flew Hanoi->Danang, then Danang->HCMC (we spent a few nights in Hoi An). Both of the flights were under $65 and we flew first class to Danang. I just did a quick search at Travelocity and HCMC->Hanoi is coming up $137, you'll do much better in Vietnam. We bought one flight through our hotel in Hanoi and the other was at the Buffalo Tours office in Hanoi.

Oct 16th, 2004, 09:19 AM

I forgot to add that we purchased our flight from HCMC to Siem Reap on Travelocity.
Oct 18th, 2004, 01:49 PM

I bought tickets on Expedia a few days ago between SGN and SIEM and between SIEM and HAN for a December trip (USD $300/each). Expedia did insist on sending paper tickets to me in the U.S.
Oct 24th, 2004, 10:43 AM

Hi,
I was in VN in 2003 and 2004, taking flights within VN both times. Booking flights is very easy, and it's cheaper to buy in VN. If you want the address to my website about VN, drop me a line.
Oct 25th, 2004, 06:29 PM

Last December we bought our tickets from Siem Reap to Hanoi non stop for $160US one way. We bought them in Siem Reap. Expedia was quoting $272. By buying our tickets in Vietnam and Cambodia we saved enough money to pay for a month of hotel bills in Vietnam. As the other writer said, you dont have to buy two weeks in advance; changing dates or times is free; and add ons are sometimes included.