So starting to get into the weeds of the trip specifics for December with C&K and would love to start getting tactical feedback on some of their city-by-city tour suggestions. I know nothing about some of these inner city sights -- other than the requisite guide book blurbs. Looking for guidance on whether or not we're hitting the 'right' spots in each city (especially given the fast clip we're moving at and, thus, the limited amount of time to see sights), that we're not taking on too much, and really looking for feedback if some of the 'add-ons' they're throwing in are really touristy and cheesy (i.e., rickshaw rides, etc.)
So let's start with Delhi first. We're there for one night + one full day and night. That full day the plan is to tour Old & New Delhi. Not sure if they're actually proposing ALL of this (which, if they are, seems completely undoable) but the itinerary says: Old Delhi tour: Raj Ghat, Jama Masjid and Red Fort; New Delhi tour: Humayun's Tomb, Qutab Minar, and then a drive along Rajpath past Inida Gate, Parliament House and the President's Residence. This apparently somehow also includes a cycle rickshaw ride from Jama Masjid to Chandni Chowk somewhere in there.
Can anyone make heads or tails of this? Better yet: what would the ideal one-day tour of Delhi be? Something not too overwhelming. I don't think we could ever--nor would ever want to--see the whole city in one day.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Trip to India Feb 1-18
- 2 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan
- 3 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 4 VN + Japan 6 wks March/April - which order?
- 5 PNG : Plumed, primal, proud...
- 6 Travel options from Negombo to Mirissa
- 7 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 8 Vietnam April 5 - 16
- 9 Wat Arun
- 10 Solo or group tour for first trip to India?
- 11 Miyajima Island
- 12 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 13 What to do with a Layover in Taipei?
- 14 Family trip to Thailand for Christmas and possibly New year
- 15 Vientiane to LP December
- 16 Safest beach area for solo female in Sri Lanka
- 17 Hotel in Vientiane 18-24 December
- 18 best way to spend two days in Chiang Mai
- 19 How to travel from Narita airport to Kawaguchiko
- 20 Prelim itinerary Java, Bali
- 21 5 days in Singapore
- 22 ONLY 3 DAYS in BEIJING -BEST THINGS TO DO?
- 23 Shanghai in January
- 24 24hrs in Seoul on Christmas..what to do
- 25 Myanmar tour companies