Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Asia (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/)
-   -   Face - Spa Services review (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/face-spa-services-review-570767/)

Kathie Nov 14th, 2005 01:01 AM

Face - Spa Services review

Hello from Bangkok. While I don't usually post often while I'm traveling, I wanted to post a quick review as I know some of you are headed to Bangkok before I return and make my full report.

We were able to get spa appointments our first morning in Bangkok at Face. We scheduled a two hour treatment (Facial Refresh) which includes a fabulous facial, body scrub and massage (cost 2200 baht per person). The spa spaces are lovely old teak buildings with modern spa accoutrements. The treatments were wonderful (perhaps the best facial I've ever had) and the ambiance is lovely. The prices are about half of hotel spa prices. We'll likely schedule spa services during our second stay in Bangkok this trip as well.

We had a wonderful Thai lunch after our spa - I can certainly see why Face is getting such rave reviews - the reviews are well deserved.

I'm having a wonderful time - wish all of you were in Bangkok as well!

DonTopaz Nov 14th, 2005 04:15 AM

Thanks for the report, Kathie.

For those meeting for drinks etc on Dec 26th, sounds like an excellent way to spend a few hours.

Gpanda Nov 14th, 2005 05:44 AM

Kathie-Thanks for the quick review. I can just see you at the computer terminal at the Towers lounge during the cocktail hour. Am I right?

simpsonc510 Nov 14th, 2005 06:00 AM

Thanks for the great review. It seems Face is well recieved once again. I'm not a spa person (skin is much too sensitive) but I'm glad you enjoyed it!
Enjoy your trip.
Carol

rhkkmk Nov 14th, 2005 06:27 AM

enjoy and let us know how things are going

bob

jvrab12 Nov 14th, 2005 11:27 AM

Thanks Kathie. We are leaving Wed for our first Thailand trip-looks like a great place.

Kathie Nov 14th, 2005 08:11 PM

Yes, Gpanda, you're right. Love those freebies!

Having a wonderful time - of course - in Bangkok. Made our pilgrimage to SJ International... earned lots of frequent flier miles!

CFW Nov 15th, 2005 02:57 AM

Kathie, Glad you're having a wonderful time and thanks for taking time out to post. Do you suggest reservations in advance at the spa? We'll be there in February (sort of high season). What a perfect way to spend a morning -spa then lunch. Anything for my husband to do in the area while I am spa-ing?

CFW Nov 15th, 2005 05:44 PM

ttt

divediva Nov 15th, 2005 07:10 PM

kathie...lucky you to get spa treatments your first day...one thing i miss about being home is my daily foot massages.

i want to thank everyone for recommending face...it was one of the best dining experiences while we were on holiday and i liked the indian restaurant even more than the thai...

enjoy your holiday

Kathie Nov 15th, 2005 11:09 PM

CFW, I'm glad you topped the message or I wouldn't have seen it. Yes, I recommend reservations in advance. We were just lucky to get the same day reservations. We're going to make reservations today for when we're back in town in two weeks.

CFW Nov 16th, 2005 04:10 AM

Thanks, I'll schedule before we leave U.S. Can't wait! What other things are in the area of FACE so hubby can keep himself occupied while I'm RELAXING?

DonTopaz Nov 16th, 2005 07:41 AM

Spas are not only for women. A 90-minute sports massage (deep tissue massage) is a terrific antidote to the frenzy of Bangkok.

brusselschap Nov 16th, 2005 08:44 AM

is there a website? can only find references to face as a restaurant but not as a spa...

hawaiiantraveler Nov 16th, 2005 08:50 AM

brussels:

www.facebars.com

CFW Nov 16th, 2005 04:43 PM

rizzuto, It's not a "guy thing" it's just that mh husband doesn't like massages or spa treatments. He'd prefer to do other things, so I was wondering what there might be in the area around Face.

rhkkmk Nov 16th, 2005 07:03 PM

cfw...you asked for it....nana is not too far at soi 4...maybe he could wander over there...he would never have back problems again...

CFW Nov 17th, 2005 03:05 AM

Should have known....