Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Asia (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/)
-   -   EVASON RESORT (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/evason-resort-373208/)

KEITHREY Nov 2nd, 2003 03:13 AM

EVASON RESORT

DOES ANYBODY KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE ABOVE RESORT. I HAVE SEEN THE BROCHURE AND IT LOOKS AMAZING.
THINKING OF GOING IN MARCH WITH MY FAMILY ( TWO GIRLS 6 AND 8)
IT NICE AND ANY REPORTS WOULD BE GREAT OR WOULD THE LE MERIDAN BE BETTER OR WHERE WOULD BE BEST. LOOKING TO STAY IN 5* RESORT FOR FAMILY

JamesA Nov 2nd, 2003 04:21 AM

???? Which Evason Resort ??? They are in many countries and location.

KEITHREY Nov 2nd, 2003 11:32 PM

PHUKET, THAILAND

JamesA Nov 2nd, 2003 11:45 PM

Ok, the one on Phuket is located close to Rawai which is south east corner of the island. The beach is loussy, so much so that they operate a boat to a nearby island for you to swim. It was mentioned some weeks back. The resort is fine but it is not on the side of the island with the good beaches, i.e west coast.
The Meridien at relax Bay is just over the hill from Patong, it is on it's own with it's own great sandy beach. Very good hotel though rather a 'block' of a place, it takes about 7 minutes by tuk-tuk into Patong or 10 minutes into Karon.
Patong is the busiest most lively resort area and if you don't mind busy try the Club Andaman, main hotel plus great Garden Cottages, opposite the beach. It's about 4 star. The meridien is probably the best choice as it is close to everything, lovely pools, good service, though the restaurants a expensive compared to eating in other places. It is quite yet close to Patong/Kata/Karon. On a scale 1-10 I would rate Meridien an 8 and Evason a 1 ( maybe a 2 if you allow for 'style' ).
Added bonus of Meridient is a Kid's Club!
Check this site for photos and pics and other hotel ideas, they have a huge range as they are Thai based and lots of details on all of those

www.patong-beach-hotels.8k.com

KEITHREY Nov 3rd, 2003 07:36 AM

james
thanks a million. websites can confuse you and make a resort look great.
we are looking at three others as well
sheraton grande laguna
laguna beach resort
or the jw marriot
as`we`are traveling this far we want to stay at a 5* delux that is family friendly with really nice rooms and restaurants. any ideas?
cheers
keith

KEITHREY Nov 3rd, 2003 10:08 AM

IF ANYBODY CAN HELP THIS WOULD BE GREAT
THANKS

JamesA Nov 3rd, 2003 02:38 PM

Keith, I honestly would go for the Meridein taking everything into account, you have the Meridien 'standards, good kids club, lovely beach and pools, good rooms, and you are close to all the activities to keep wife/kids/yourself busy and interested. I forgot to mention the 'soft adventures' run by 'Siam Safari', they take you into semi-jungle, water buffalos, ride an elephant, you can even go 'mud slidding in a Susuki 4x4', Phuket is great for doing these things. As I already mentioned the kids will love Phuket Fantasia and also Dino Park, you don't want to be stuck away from these things.
Management is important also, the Meridien is well Managed, so too the Holiday Inn in Patong ( includes a Spa wing now also ) buty Patong Holiday Inn is very very very busy area but again has a brilliant kids club.