Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page > Entertainment and dining in Saigon
Notices

Entertainment and dining in Saigon

Feb 15th, 2014, 05:32 PM
Original Poster

Entertainment and dining in Saigon

Hi all
Is there an update on interesting entertainment show in Saigon. Last time i watched puppet show (must see), soul of vietnam (rich culture) and a o show (bamboo show) I heard that there is a new one coming in march which is quite like a o show. Do you have any info about this? I am planning to come back to Saigon for a while in the end of March for 3 days and would be appreciated if you can help with the recommendation.
I wish you can help with the restaurant list too. Last time I have meals at Xu, Hoa Tuc, Cuc gac and some street food but now really want to approach some old famous food store in town to enjoy more original flavor.

Thank you
Mar 19th, 2014, 12:39 AM

Hi Richard,

If you are looking for shows then yes, there is a new bamboo show at the Opera House, named My Village. It has the same approach with the A O, but different story, about the Nothern life. I have watched it a couples weeks ago. it will be there till end April, then the A O Show comes back. If you like the A O, you should come to this one two.

If you are looking for partying, then there is a pool party at the New World hotel going every Sunday from afternoon to late evening. I don't know when this party is going to end.

Restaurants. Uhm, for Vietnamese, have you tried Ngon restaurant? Nice old setting right on Pasteur street, district 1, or Hoi An restaurant on Le Thanh Ton. French food could be an option, Le Bouchon de Saigon on Nguyen Du Str, Dist 1.

Hope my recommendations helps.
May 20th, 2014, 12:54 AM

A O show or is a success, praised by the critics and the general public alike.

Search this Thread