Notices

Enough time in Singapore and Bali?

Old Jan 31st, 2010, 05:18 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Enough time in Singapore and Bali?

My fiance and I are planning our Honeymoon to Singapore and Bali and want to make sure we are going for enough time and not rushing the trip. We land in Singapore at 8pm on a Wednesday and leave for Bali that Friday on an early morning flight. From there we are spending 4 nights in Ubud and 3 nights at Amankila. This gives us 3 nights/2 full days in Singapore (will have jet-lag as we're coming from NY). Then we'll have 3.5 days in Ubud and 2 full days and 2 half days at Amankila.

Are we structuring the trip right?

We do have the option of extending the trip one night but we were trying to give ourselves 2 days at home before we need to go back to work to rest up and figure out all of the jet lag.

Thanks for your help in advance!
Old Jan 31st, 2010, 05:27 AM

I would add more time in Bali. From the US, you lose three days taveling to and from Asia, two in the beginning and one at the end. consequently, a two week vacation is 11 days in Asia. Your trip seems to have only nine days. We always come back on Saturday, returning to work on Monday. This seems to work.

Your Singapore time is about right. Add everything you can to Bali. It's well worth it. Remember, who knows when you're going to return. Why trade a dat or two in Bali for the humdrum of work? We're returning for our second trip in May.
Old Jan 31st, 2010, 07:46 AM

Do extend your trip another day if you can, and add it to Bali. You won't regret it.
Old Jan 31st, 2010, 08:09 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies... where would you add the extra day? It was recommended to us if we add the extra day to do 3 in Ubud, 3 in Amankila and 2 in Jimbaran Bay.
Old Jan 31st, 2010, 08:59 AM

Add the day to Ubud. It really is a charming place to walk around. If you're lucky, you may get to see a festival at a local temple.
Old Jan 31st, 2010, 09:49 AM

DO NOT add another destination in Bali. Moving from place to place takes up too much valuable relaxation/honeymoon time.

Add the night to one of the Bali destinations, I don't think it matters which.
Old Jan 31st, 2010, 01:52 PM

ubud would be a good place....
Old Jan 31st, 2010, 03:27 PM

I wouldn't cut your trip short because you're worried about jetlag upon your return. I traveled to Asia for business for 20 years and found that it didn't make much difference when I came back. If I arrrived on Saturday I slept all day Sunday and felt rotten on Monday morning. If I arrived on Sunday I still felt rotten on Monday morning but at least I had had another day in Asia.

You may have to overnight in Singapore on your way home. In that case I'd cut out one of the initial Singapore days and add it to Bali. If you do that you could conceivably add two days to Bali and in that event I would consider three destinations in Bali.

I'm a great fan of both Ubud and Amankila, but think your time there is about right. Amankila is spectactularly beautiful but very, very quiet. After that you might enjoy the activity of Seminyak for restaurants, shops, spas etc. I'd recommend that you look at The Legian (in Seminyak), the Samaya or one of the many rental villas in the area.
Old Feb 1st, 2010, 06:02 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your thoughts. We actually found flights home that only include one stop in Hong Kong from Bali to New York, so we won't have to stay overnight in Singapore.

We really don't want to have to switch to 3 different hotels in Bali so if we add an extra day it will either be at the Four Seasons at Sayan or Amankila. Right now we have 4 days at Four Seasona and 3 at Amankila. Adding another night to Amankila is really expensive, so we're wondering if it's worth it to be there. We want to make sure we have plenty of time to relax and just be at the beach or pool but we're worried that Amankila is so isolated that if we can't even leave for dinner, we won't need another day there.

We thought about staying in a different part of Bali for our "beach" part, but chose Amankila over hotels in Seminyak as it seemed more honeymoonish. Seminyak seems great for the restaurants but we wanted to feel a little more isolated than being in a big resort area.

So, do we keep the original plan of 4 nights FS at Sayan and 3 at Amankila, or switch to 5 days at FS at Sayan and 3 at Amankila, or 4 and 4?
Old Feb 1st, 2010, 06:40 AM

Given the price difference, I'd opt for 5 nights at the 4S and 3 at the Aman. You are right, you are quite isolated at the Aman.
Old Feb 1st, 2010, 07:42 AM
Original Poster

It turns out to only be a $100 difference so we're going to do 4 and 4... thanks for all of your advice!