Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page >

Emirates Airlines-cannot book in the US online or in India online to Frankfurt, Germany. Any suggestions?

Emirates Airlines-cannot book in the US online or in India online to Frankfurt, Germany. Any suggestions?

Jul 17th, 2008, 06:01 PM
Original Poster

Need some help from my Fodor friends-

My son is in India trying to buy an Emirates airline ticket to Germany but cannot seem to do it either online(which their website said that you could not) or the special phone number that the Emirates agent gave me for India passengers to book directly. I have even tried to use all of his information and credit card to book here in the USA and it still won't take.
I have called Emirates several times and no one seems to help. Capital One credit card tried to help as I booked it as he has plenty of credit money to use but it still would not work.

SO-does anyone have any idea what to do? I would rather him fly Emirates as the timing of the flights is good for meeting him in Frankfurt. Thanks!
Jul 17th, 2008, 06:20 PM

Are you or he in or near a city where there is an Emirates office to do the booking in person?

If booking the ticket in person doesn't work, then have a plan B lined up for another airline. Sounds like you've done just about everything else to get him on Emirates.

Jul 17th, 2008, 06:24 PM
Original Poster

Ironically, I work for an airline and thought that the Emirates agent would help me out but was impossible to understand and just gave the same phone number in India to use!
I am just perplexed because what do business people do that book several different airlines on different tickets from the US to travel around over there-hard to believe that they don't want our $948USD for the ticket?
Jul 20th, 2008, 02:23 PM

Can you book online by using an Indian or German website? For example, when I fly from the UK to Asia (I'm an American), I use the UK websites like msn.co.uk. Could you use msn in India?
Jul 20th, 2008, 03:20 PM

Why doesn't he just go to a travel agent?
Jul 20th, 2008, 04:36 PM

best suggestion of all kim!!
Jul 20th, 2008, 04:46 PM

i just tried to do it and it worked fine from the usa..

i booked mumbai to frankfurt..

it took me a while to find the right key to push to get started...

it is on the left hand side and says book flight now or something similar...

its not the fill ins on the right like most airlines have....first you have to get to the right page
Jul 20th, 2008, 06:13 PM
Original Poster

Thats the key-FROM THE USA. He tried Vayama yesterday and it worked only to get a call from them today saying that they could not book it. So I have tried to book it on the phone with Vayama so I quess that tomorrow we will find out if Emirates will take it. What a pain!

I tried not giving his Indian phone number and address per the Vayama guy's instructions so I am hoping that this is finalized soon. Thanks for your efforts!