Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (
-   Asia (
-   -   Electricity (

Sarah Dec 24th, 2002 09:50 AM

Can anyone tell me what shape plug for electrical sockets?

Nancy Dec 24th, 2002 10:55 AM

Which countries in Asia are you going to? Socket shapes change from country to country. Hong Kong is generally three square prongs in a triangle, India is gnerally two round pins. You can buy packs of different shaped adpators for different countires (try Travelsmith), but they don't always have the right shaped adaptor for each country. You can often borrow an adaptor from your hotel.

Beth Dec 24th, 2002 03:47 PM

How about Thailand?

Nancy Dec 26th, 2002 09:52 AM

As I recall, Thailand has round pins, with either two or three pins in each socket. You might try the following web sites for information, and I think you can also purchase adaptors from these sites:<BR><BR><BR><BR>

Kathie Dec 26th, 2002 11:19 AM

Thailand has either two round prongs or two flat prongs (but not the same as the US flat prongs). I took both adaptors along on my last trip. Most hotels can also loan you adaptors.

Casey Dec 26th, 2002 05:34 PM

If the prongs on your US appliances are the same size, than they will fit in the electrical outlets in Thailand. But if one of the prongs is wider they won't unless you really push.{as my wife did}<BR><BR>Don't forget the voltage is 220V.

S Dec 27th, 2002 07:28 PM

Thanks for all your replies. Does anyone know how to delete a qestion on this form? Help!

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:46 AM.