Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Asia (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/)
-   -   EDITORS: Posting problems still persist here! (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/editors-posting-problems-still-persist-here-563027/)

simpsonc510 Oct 6th, 2005 06:46 PM

EDITORS: Posting problems still persist here!

I don't think I am the only one who is having problems posting on this forum. First of all, my posts sometimes do not appear after I have typed and typed. Then, when the DO appear, they do NOT bring the thread to the #1 position on the page. If I click on the "refresh" icon, it sometimes works, but not all the time. I just posted a reply to a thread and there was no indication that I had posted (the replies remained at "O") even though my reply DID show up on the thread. Are we working on trying to improve things?

From Curious Carol

rhkkmk Oct 6th, 2005 07:45 PM

i have had problems on and off for a week also....

Kathie Oct 6th, 2005 07:54 PM

Yes, I'm having problems as well. Sometimes I make a new topic and it may not show up for a while (no wonder people are posting their questions two or three times!) And sometimes a recent post won't show up at all even if there are several new replies...

JamesA Oct 6th, 2005 10:29 PM

Get different results sequence, press refresh get some other sequence, press refresh again and another sequence, seems to be a glitch in the system.

Lyndie Oct 6th, 2005 11:23 PM

I thought I'd been "sanctioned" or something! It's happening to me too!

emd Oct 7th, 2005 02:13 AM

I started a similar thread yesterday morning on the U.S. board, because the person who is responsible for the boards has been posting some there in the last few wks. And I emailed the editors about problems I have had w/my posts not posting (simpson, I know how frustrating this is- that is the worst of all the problems I think). But no reply, no reply at all.

I am ready for a break from Fodors til they fix it.

glorialf Oct 7th, 2005 03:42 AM

It's been happening to me as well-- all the problems mentioned by previous posters.

JamesA Oct 7th, 2005 03:54 AM

At a guess they are running on different servers so sometimes you hit one and sometimes another, but unless they are aware of the difference it won't change.

emd Oct 7th, 2005 04:07 AM

Fodors has been emailed (at least by me) and we are posting on the problems here and on the US board on threads like this. The eidtors have been on the US board deleting what I guess they think are offensive threads in the last two days, so they should certainly be aware of the problems if they are reading post titles.

2seeds Oct 7th, 2005 07:53 AM

This has been happening to me too! As a you can see from my duplicate posts... I don't see my messages once I post them and when I do the problems are very similar to the first poster on this message.
I hope someone can address this situation I think many are missing valuable information from this site as a result of this issue...