Reload this Page >

Eating places in Beijing and hotel Sheraton Great Wall

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26th, 2001, 01:37 AM
Panda

My friend and I are travelling to Beijing for 4 days. Any recommendations for eating places for Bejing/local food? <BR>Is the Sheraton Great Wall convenient? I heard it's only 25 minutes on foot to the night markets.

Old Apr 27th, 2001, 05:44 AM
Michael

The Sheraton is not the most central, being in the northeast part of the city. However, there are some pretty good restaurants, Hard Rock Cafe, Lufthansa Center Shopping City, the markets, etc. close by. Three restaurants that are close and good are Bao Long (Beijing food), Shu Xiang Zai (Sichuan food), and Tuan Jie Hu. (Beijing duck and seafood)

Old Apr 29th, 2001, 01:07 PM
Mary

Panda, <BR>We enjoyed the Hong Kong Food City (yes, it's a restaurant in Beijing) on DongAnMen street off of WangFuJing street. There are also many food stalls at night on the same street. You will find plenty of good food.

Old Apr 29th, 2001, 08:12 PM
steven sussman

the li family restaurant was the best meal I had in china. It is a fixed price 0f 200 RMB and you get 10 appitizers and 8 main courses. It is a very small place in the home of Mr. li with only about 6 tables. The restaurant was started by his daughter and uses traditional family recipies. I found out about in in FODORS. reservations are a must although we semmed to have gotte luckey. please let me know how you like it. This place is absolutely a must.

Old May 6th, 2001, 12:11 PM
Penelope

See the travel section of today's New York Times (Sunday, May 6, 2001) for an article on Beijing restaurants. P