Reload this Page >

Easiest Way to Oriental Hotel from Airport

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1st, 2001, 05:48 AM
Juju

Can anyone tell me what is the fastest or most efficient way to get to the Orient Hotel from Bangkok Int'l Airport?

Old Feb 1st, 2001, 07:24 AM
lynn

Hi - <BR> <BR>If you've never been to Bangkok, I recommend going straight to the Thai Airways Limousine counter and hiring a car to take you. Tell them you want a Mercedes. It will cost you about $15US. <BR> <BR>Trust me, this will be much easier than anything else. It is more expensive but if you've never been to BKK, dealing with the taxi drivers right off the plane can be frustrating. Also, other services will tell you they have a car but then try to put you in a van with many other people for the same price. Just stick with the Thai Airways car. <BR> <BR>Let me know if you have any questions. <BR> <BR>My husband and I have spent a total of 22 days in BKK and know the city pretty well from a tourist point of view. <BR> <BR>Lynn <BR> <BR

Old Feb 1st, 2001, 10:30 AM
Craig

The fastest and most efficient way is to e-mail the hotel ([email protected]) and arrange for transfer via one of their Mercedes. This is by no means the cheapest at 1300 baht (as of July 2000) but you won't have to worry about anything except finding their airport representative wearing a bright orange jacket and holding a sign with the Oriental name and logo. <BR> <BR>Alternatively, at about 1/5 the cost, you could head up to the departure area and hire a taxi as it drops someone off and ask the driver to take the expressway into Bangkok (you pay the tolls).

Old Feb 1st, 2001, 02:11 PM
spendthrift

Why are the above posters concerned about prices? Look, anyone who can afford to stay at the Oriental is not going to be put off by transit prices. Easiest way to the Oriental? Hire a helicopter.

Old Feb 1st, 2001, 06:40 PM
Meg

Absolutely! Isn't the Oriental the one with the landing pad on the roof for their private copter? Definitely the way to go. Enjoy!

Old Feb 2nd, 2001, 06:38 AM
Craig

We looked into the helicopter but decided against it for a number of reasons. First and foremost, it only operates during the daytime and we arrived late at night. Second, it's not nearly as difficult to get to the Oriental since the expressway went into operation. The trip takes about 45 minutes unless you are arriving in the morning rush hour traffic. Third, the helicopter leaves from the domestic terminal and lands at the River City Shopping Mall (10 minutes away by car), not the Oriental. Last, even if you are splurging on the Oriental, the helicopter flight is still very expensive.