Notices

duty free shops

Jan 9th, 2007, 03:46 AM
Original Poster

duty free shops

Hi,
We are visiting Singapore in Feb, and are trying to find any duty free shops to purchase alcohol and cigarettes to bring back to Australia on our return. Can anyone help us please?

We want to purchase Bundaberg Rum (Australian Rum) and Jack Daniels. As for price we are trying to work out if it will be cheaper and more convenient for us to pre-order them here in Australia to pick up on our return? Can anyone help at all please. Also cigarettes, normally smoke Peter Jackson, but Benson and Hedges will do, but what do they cost in Singapore?

Last time in Singapore, couldn't find bottles of spirits easily, and when we did they cost an arm and a leg.

Thanks for any assistance available.

Jan 9th, 2007, 06:56 AM

The Singapore airport is full of duty free shops. You can see/buy from duty free on your way in to Singapore as well as on your way out. Check the prices when you fly in to Changi.

Something like Australian rum is likely to be less expensive at your own duty free. I don't remember seeing at at Changi duty free, but then I wasn't looking for it.
Jan 9th, 2007, 02:18 PM

Outside of Changi airport alchohol and cigarettes are expensive.
Jan 9th, 2007, 05:20 PM

JD is on my price comparison shopping list. A 1 litre bottle at Changi is S$38.20 (US$2 24.88).

For alcohol and cigarretes, there is only one duty free operator - DFS. In addition to the airport, the used to have a shop on Orchard road, up past the Hilton, but I haven't be up that way in a long time, so I don't know if its still there. You can order at the shop for pick-up at the airport.

I've never been all that impressed with the selection of spirits at airports in SE Asia. Asians tend to be real brand slaves, so if it isn't a highly advertised brand, they don't know it (most still think JW Black Label is the best scotch).

Search this Thread