Driving time from Roi Et to Hua Hin?

Aug 17th, 2006, 07:17 PM
Original Poster

Driving time from Roi Et to Hua Hin?

I'm just wondering about how many hours it would take to drive (with Thai driver) from Roi Et to Hua Hin. Also has anyone rented a car, and if so, can you recommend a good rental car agency?
Aug 17th, 2006, 07:59 PM

From the Roi Et to Bangkok will take you around 5.5 - 6 hours and from Bangkok to Hua Hin will be around 3 - 3.5 hours.
Aug 17th, 2006, 11:38 PM

I would say you've under-estimated the Roi-Et Bangkok leg and over-estimated the Hua Hin part, but I would have put the whole trip at around 8 hours also.

BTW, it may be worth noting that you don't have to go through Bangkok to make this trip. You can catch the outer ring road around Bang Pa In and circle the city through Ratburi and down to the road to Hua Hin. It might cut quite a bit of time off the journey.
Aug 17th, 2006, 11:51 PM

I just came back from Hua Hin last weekend(a long weekend) and it took me close to 4 hours! Time of day and the day of the week are both very important factors when considering driving time so I just put a rough estimate. The outer ring road will save time only if you're coming through Bangkok during the rush hours. I would go through Bangkok if you're driving on the weekend or at night.
Aug 18th, 2006, 09:16 AM

As Hanuman and Michael have said plan day and time of day with care, we can do Jomtien to Hua Hin in 5 hrs hrs on a clear day or it can take 7.5 hrs!
Avoid Fridays! The traffic after about 3 pm on Fridays going through from Bangkok down to Cha Am / Hua Hin is packed solid, so soo heading north anytime after lunchtime Sundays or on holidays!
I would seek out a local driver with a good vehicle localy.
Aug 18th, 2006, 07:38 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for all the replies. I would definitely rather fly RoiEt-Bkk, Bkk-Samui, but was trying to think of a cheaper beach alternative to include several extended family members.
Aug 19th, 2006, 11:45 AM

If it's up to say 8 or 9 one of the family would know someone with a van, that works reasonable on cost, allows everyone to join in together, and also keeps the cash flow within the 'greater' extension of the family ( you know what i mean ). We often travel with the 'extended' sometimes up to 4 car loads and we always have a superb time!! You could stop halfway for the night if needed. It is always great fun !

Search this Thread