We are going to Japan in about 2 months and plan on spending a week in Hokkaido which will be a new place for us. Will probably use a JR Pass as the trip includes Tokyo and nearby areas.
We have never rented a car on any of our foreign trips. It seems like doing so in Hokkaido may be a good option given the size and scope of attractions (mostly nature stuff).
I am nervous about driving having never done so outside of Canada and the US. Oh, and we don't know how to drive a manual transmission.
Any thoughts, input, opinions would be appreciated. Perhaps Hokkaido can be enjoyed conveniently by bus and rail only?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 MOZILLA THUNDERBIRD 1:855:843:8475 Tec*nical Sup0rt CONTACT 24by7
- 2 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 3 Experience in Armenia
- 4 Family trip to Thailand for Christmas and possibly New year
- 5 Skiing in Japan - need advice
- 6 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 7 MUMBAI FOR TWO DAYS
- 8 best way to spend two days in Chiang Mai
- 9 Travel options from Negombo to Mirissa
- 10 VN + Japan 6 wks March/April - which order?
- 11 Vietnam April 5 - 16
- 12 Trip to India Feb 1-18
- 13 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan
- 14 PNG : Plumed, primal, proud...
- 15 Wat Arun
- 16 Solo or group tour for first trip to India?
- 17 Miyajima Island
- 18 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 19 What to do with a Layover in Taipei?
- 20 Vientiane to LP December
- 21 Safest beach area for solo female in Sri Lanka
- 22 Hotel in Vientiane 18-24 December
- 23 How to travel from Narita airport to Kawaguchiko
- 24 Prelim itinerary Java, Bali
- 25 5 days in Singapore