I've been reading your trip reports to Sri Lanka with great interest, as we have plans to take a trip there sometime early next year (now that we've put our Egypt & Jordan trip on hold!).
My partner is of Sri Lankan origin and she would like to take the opportunity to travel to Jaffna from Negombo. Is this doable in a day (about 700km?) Ideally we don't want to stay in Jaffna as she just wants photos of her roots for her parents keepsake more than using it as a tourist destination. I know, long way for some photos, but this is important for her. Are the roads good and secure?
As recommended in the posts here, we would most likely be using Rammuni to organise our rides in Sri Lanka.
Any feedback from anyone done the trip before, or any information on the conditions most welcome (especially if anyone is local to Sri Lanka).
Thanks very much.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Vikings vs Lions, Cowboys vs Chargers
- 2 Best Tour Guide in India!
- 3 What to do with a Layover in Taipei?
- 4 Question re. fees at BOM
- 5 Best Escorts Service in Chennai
- 6 Made Pure Skin
- 7 Vietnam in June end: Sapa vs Hanoi / ha long bay
- 8 Honeymoon - Malaysia and Bali
- 9 Spa Bangkok
- 10 Mini Amazon Forest- Taman Negara- Pahang
- 11 Sapa - current conditions due to typhoon
- 12 Internet in SE Asia
- 13 A trip to Mahabaleshwar (India)
- 14 Bhutan paro Tshechu
- 15 Please help me to start planning a trip to Bhutan
- 16 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 17 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 18 Using a Starling Bank card in SE Asia
- 19 best way to travel between Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam and Siem Reap, Cambodia
- 20 cooking school in Chiang Mai?
- 21 Anti Malarial tablets in SE Asia
- 22 need your help with japan itinerary
- 23 Japan in July with 20 year old
- 24 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 25 Best guidebooks for SE Asia