Reload this Page >

Four Seasons / Aman Hotels in Bali

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23rd, 2000, 04:19 AM
Pat

I am debating between staying in the Four Seasons in Bali or several of the Aman Hotels in Bali for my upcoming honeymoon. Does anyone have any thoughts on which is the better alternative? Also, my understanding is that there are three Aman hotels in Bali. Does anyone know if one is nicer than the other? Thanks for any help.

Old Mar 24th, 2000, 12:23 PM
KL

I would highly recommend the Amandari-excellent location, Amankila is wonderful but out of the way, not much to do. There's nothing like the Aman experience!!! You can stay at Four Season's Resorts throughout the world but there are just a handful of Amans in the world. Well worth the splurge!!

Old Mar 28th, 2000, 09:43 AM
Jason

Although it isn't usually regarded in the same class as the 4 seasons, I would check out the Hilton Bali. I stayed their and several other places in Bali, and found it to be unbelievable.

Old Apr 22nd, 2000, 07:18 PM
wendyandjeff

Pat: <BR> <BR>We stayed at the Four Seasons in Sayan for half of our trip (at the Ritz in Jimbaran for the other). We thought the Four Seasons Sayan was simply the best place we have ever stayed. You get your own private villa, with your own plunge pool - simply luxurious. We didn;t stay at the Aman resorts, but have heard they are nice too. The FS Sayan is newer - about 2 years old. And it was just rated the best resort in the world by Conde Nast Traveler. <BR> <BR>Our suggestion - definitely stay at the FS Sayan.

Old May 2nd, 2000, 07:10 AM
Jasmine

I have stayed at all 3 Aman Resorts in Bali and Phuket. AmanKila is very very exclusive. No TV in your rooms , of course.It is on a cliff looking out to the ocean. Drawback is it is middle of nowhere, quite far from the airport. You can wlak a bit outside th hotel, that is it. The second Aman is very close to the Grand Hyatt Hotel, right on the golf course. If you get tired of eating at the same restaurants in Aman you can hop over to the Grand Hyatt. Again it is a beautiful hotel. The third on (sorry, I forgot the name) is Aman near the rice paddy fields. This is the first Amain in Bali but a bit dark and I think you can always rent the cay and see the landscapes of rice patty fiels on a hill but no need to stay there. <BR>Four Seasons I have not stayed but only there for dinner. It is of course not as exclusive as the Aman Resorts. You see golf carts taking guests from villas to resataurants, back and forth. However , it should be less expensive than the Aman so if you want a private pool villa you should go to the Four Seasons. It cost a fortune to stay at a private pool villa in Aman Resorts. I mean the Four Seasons is also nice but the guests are different. Aman is jsut more expensive. Hope it helps you. If I am on my honeymoon, maybe AmanKila,if you just want lots of privacy.

Old May 4th, 2000, 06:45 PM
Chris

I know more about both chains then you could hope for. I would say stay at the Four Seasons. They have a reputation of being one of the finest chains in the world, and it is really hard to find a Four Seasons that does not live up to its first class standards. I can say that the Four Seasons Jimbaran Bay exceeds the first class standards that of Four Seasons. The villas are all beautiful, and come with private plunge pools, and rooms that are not even worth leaving. The resort itself has more to do then any Aman resort ever created. There is golf, tennis, and everything that you would expect to see at a Four Seasons is there. Also sticking with an American hotel/ resort chain is just safer, and I can say that from personal experience. I would also check out the Ritz- Carlton. This hotel,though not as nice as the Four Seasons, has quite a bit of entertainment and is a bit newer. Now for the Aman resorts. Your selection being Amankila, Amandari, and Amanusa, are possibly some of the most dull and boring hotels on the island. Amankila has a very nice beach and pool, but thats it. The rooms are not nearly as nice as those at the Four Seasons and the resort itself looks like a rock museum.The hotel is cheaper then the Four Seasons, however, not nearly as nice. Amandari is by far the nicest of the Aman's on Bali. It is located near Ubud, and looks out onto the forest. The rooms are very nice, however in my own opinion are a little bit to involved with nature. Its rates are close to what the Four Seasons charges. Amanusa has by far the nicest beach. However the resort itself it far too modern with an odd twist of Asia for me, and so I have not stayed there. If you want to go to an Aman resort i say go to the one in Phuket. It is lovely. But if want my advice, don't think about it, just stay at the Four Seasons.

Old Jun 4th, 2000, 12:20 PM
jeff

pat -- i have exactly the same question(s) and would really appreciate any responses or insight you could share. thanks

Old Jun 18th, 2000, 02:44 PM
natasha hope

Hi! <BR>I was in Bali over Easter and we stayed at the Aston Bali hotel in Tanjung Benoa which was fantastic- really beautiful. And would fully reccommend it. The staff were excellent and really friendly too. <BR>There were other honeymooners there too. <BR>I haven't heard of the hotels you mentioned. <BR>The hotels in Nusa Dua are s'posed to be in the best resort in the world- v. high standard but I felt it was a bit of an artificial environment and not really in the true spirit of "Bali" so to speak. <BR>Whatever you do I would reccommend staying in the south of the island where there is more to do and travelling around is slow. <BR>Btheres loads to do -I would really reccommend the diving- you can do PADI there if you haven't dived before! <BR>Bonne chance! <BR>

Old Jun 19th, 2000, 05:24 PM
erwin

Well, you have heard all the pros and cons of the Aman and Four Seasons resorts in Bali. I hope you have decided where to stay now. But if you have not yet decided, try the Amanpulo in Palawan, Philippines. I bet no more kidnappings by now! Upon your arrival at Manila you will be whisked off to a private plane on to the island, where some Philippine and Hollywood stars want to be pampered. <BR> <BR>If you want paradise and the ultimate privacy, this is the place. Imagine a small island exclusively used by the resort. (visit www.amanresorts.com). The white sand beach is just seconds away from your room, coral reefs are just 50-100 meters from the shore for one to explore. You will be given a cart to explore the island on your own. You can watch the fabled Philippine sunset in your room. I have nothing more to say but try it! <BR>

Old Jun 20th, 2000, 05:02 PM
Michael

Erwin is right. Amanpulo is indeed superb. But Oh Soooo costly.. <BR> <BR>I think you should check out Pangkor Laut, a Malaysian Island Resort. Drop Pangkor Laut into a search engine for details. In the meanwhile check out the PRICES at Amapulo... <BR> <BR> <BR>ROMANCE AT AMANPULO <BR> <BR>US $ 4,500 per couple <BR>(Additional nights USD 840 per couple, inclusive of three meals) <BR>Valid until May 31, 2000 <BR>US $ 3,875 per couple <BR>(Additional nights USD 715 per couple inclusive of three meals) <BR>Valid from Jun 01 to Oct 31 2000 <BR>US $ 4,625 per couple <BR>(Additional nights USD 865 per couple, inclusive of three meals) <BR>Valid until November 1, 2000 to May 31, 2001 (excl. Dec 23, 2000-Jan 6, 2001) <BR> <BR>Inclusions: 5 Nights Accommodation in an ocean front Beach Casita. <BR> <BR>French Champagne and tropical fruit basket upon arrival. <BR> <BR>Full breakfast, lunch and dinner daily, served in your casita or in the restaurant. <BR> <BR>A romantic serenaded private sunset cruise with a cocktail of your choice and canapes. <BR> <BR>Private barbecue on the beach in front of your casita, with bonfire. <BR> <BR>One relaxing aromatherapy massage each, with scented candles. <BR> <BR>Sentimental Wedding Blessing on the beach at sunset* <BR> <BR>Rates are subject to 10% service charge and 10% government tax. <BR> <BR>Rates, government tax and validity of offer are subject to change without notice. <BR> <BR>Additional nights are available at prevailing nightly rates. <BR>Upon confirming your reservation we request, if applicable, the date of the wedding, wedding anniversary or occasion of celebration. <BR> <BR>Optional Room: <BR>Hillside Casitas, with spectacular ocean views, available at the same rate. <BR> <BR>Transfers: <BR>Roundtrip Manila - Amanpulo - Manila airfare at US$275 per adult is additional. Reservations and ticketing is arranged through Amanpulo. Airfares are subject to change and strictly enforced baggage limits apply. <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR>

Old Jun 21st, 2000, 09:27 AM
David

I have not been but am going. I was considering staying at the Four Seasons in Sayan in January but the FS chain was knid enough to warn me that January was in the height of the rainy season and that it was worse up in the mountains than down at Jimbaran Bay. I truly apprediate their honesty which makes it another reason to stay at the Four Seasons chain. Some of my friends who have been there said Four Seasons gives you more for your money than Aman.