I'm a US citizen. If I'm in Taipei, and I take a weekend trip to Shanghai (fly into Shanghai Saturday morning and fly back to Taipei Sunday evening, i.e., less than 48 hours in Shanghai), does that exempt me from having to get a visa? Shanghai would be my final destination (from Taipei), rather than a transit point, but my total length of time would be less than 48 hours. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 2 Looking for advice on first-time Hong Kong trip
- 3 Best day trip from Phuket
- 4 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 5 Please help! Planning honeymoon in Malaysia!
- 6 HELP WITH JAPAN ITINERARY FOR MARCH
- 7 Bago or Golden rock
- 8 altenratives to Chiang Mai for "northen Thailand experience"
- 9 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 10 Restaurants in Bangkok
- 11 Food for thought- Restaurant suggestions for India Feb 1-18
- 12 Junk boat cruise-halong Bay,VNam
- 13 Need some info on travelling to Malaysia?
- 14 Unique Map & Guide to Tokyo
- 15 Sulawesi
- 16 Racism danger in Cambodia?
- 17 8 Days in Bali
- 18 two health related questions
- 19 Princess Cruise
- 20 Malaysia to Thailand Visa (Algerian Passport Holder)
- 21 Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar or Thailand?
- 22 Lombok, Indonesia on 24/12/17 to 30/12/17
- 23 Kata Beach
- 24 meow?
- 25 Help me plan my honeymoon! 7.5 days in Japan
Does a weekend trip to Shanghai count as a 48-hour transit?