Discount Dining in Bangkok

Aug 12th, 2000, 08:56 PM
Pas

Discount Dining in Bangkok

Hi there,

For those who envisage eating in good standard restaurants in Bangkok,there is a book available which offers substantial discounts both on food and often on beverages too - "The Best in Bangkok". To make sense to buy it, you and your travelling companions would need to intend spending collectively a minimum of 3000 to 4000 Baht on food and drinks during your stay.

While the book is really intended to get people living in Bangkok into a restaurant for their first visit, presumably with the hope that they will become regular full-paying clients, and I am sure that the restaurant owners did not intend to target tourists only intending to visit their restaurant once, it can save quite a bit of money.

The book has a scratch-off discount card allowing you to obtain the discount just once at each of the participating restaurants plus several discount coupons for the restaurants also. The menus of many restaurants are also included in the book.

As well as restaurants, there are some coupons for hotels and other services in the city too, although I have never used it for this purpose so cannot say how good those discounts really are. Apparently there is a web site also that one can access for latest additions to the book and any special promotions.

It would probably be best not to emphasize that one was a short-term visitor if using the card but, in any case, I have not expienced any problems with it.

Happy dining!

Nov 2nd, 2000, 04:14 PM
Ginny Sher

and where would one obtain this discount book?

Nov 4th, 2000, 09:52 AM
Pas

Most bookshops

Search this Thread