Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page > Direct flights to Varanasi from Asian cities?

Direct flights to Varanasi from Asian cities?

Jan 7th, 2007, 03:51 PM
Original Poster

Direct flights to Varanasi from Asian cities?

In a previous thread someone suggested I fly on Thai outbound LA -Bangkok-Varanasi. I looked on the Thai website and they don't show flights into Varanasi.
My hope is to avoid flying in and out of Delhi (and overnighting) each time we want to get somewhere like Varanasi, Jodhpur or Udaipur (we will drive the Jodhpur-Udaipur route in one direction). Is there any gateway city in Asia that flies direct to Varanasi?
Jan 8th, 2007, 12:58 AM

I was the one who made the suggestion that you fly into Varanasi. This was based on my looking at Thai Airways website which indicates that they have a flight into Varanasi. I think it is code share with Jet Airways. I donít know why it isnít showing up when you look at the website, at it showed up again today when I looked, try http://www.thaiair.com/Bookings_Schedules/default.htm or http://www.thaiair.com/NASApp/IP_WOA/FltSchedule. It is TG 8820, it departs at 10:25 am and arrives at 1:50 pm, (i.e. 13:50 military time), via a stop in Gaya, a small city in north west India. It operates on Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays (through at least March 2007).

Return flight to Bangkok is TG8821 operates on the same days, departs at 2.45 pm and arrives into Bangkok at 7:30 pm.

You might also try going through Jet Airways website at jetairways.com.
Jan 8th, 2007, 03:48 PM
Original Poster

Cicerone, you're a jewel thanks. I was apparently on a different Thai page that did not show this info; with your help, I'm connected.

Search this Thread