Asia Forums

Post New Topic

Recent Activity

  • Announcements:
  • Come explore the new Fodor’s Forum
    by ibobi Fodor's Editor | Posted on Dec 4, 17 at 08:03 PM
  • New Fodor’s forum -- coming soon!
    by ibobi Fodor's Editor | Posted on Nov 29, 17 at 08:01 PM
View all Asia activity »
  1. 1 TOSHIBA PRINTER 1800:681:7208 CONTACT TOSHIBA Techh care
  2. 2 Classy Lady In Bangalore Éscórts service 8123770473
  3. 3 Any food recommendations in Japan for non -seafood eaters?
  4. 4 Malaysia to Thailand Visa (Algerian Passport Holder)
  5. 5 Trip Report How To Build UP my Toursim Industry in Bali
  6. 6 Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar or Thailand?
  7. 7 Singapore the Most beautiful place.
  8. 8 Lombok, Indonesia on 24/12/17 to 30/12/17
  9. 9 Trip Report RHK's Fall SEA Trip
  10. 10 Kata Beach
  11. 11 Best day trip from Phuket
  12. 12 two health related questions
  13. 13 Sulawesi
  14. 14 meow?
  15. 15 Trip Report Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
  16. 16 Help me plan my honeymoon! 7.5 days in Japan
  17. 17 First time to Japan (This Month)
  18. 18 Phuket
  19. 19 MUMBAI FOR TWO DAYS
  20. 20 altenratives to Chiang Mai for "northen Thailand experience"
  21. 21 Racism danger in Cambodia?
  22. 22 Restaurants in Bangkok
  23. 23 Bangkok - Suggestions ??
  24. 24 Princess Cruise
  25. 25 Food for thought- Restaurant suggestions for India Feb 1-18
View next 25 » Back to the top

Dilemma about buying tickets to India - feedback wanted!

Jump to last reply

Hello,
I'm struggling with a quandary over when to purchase tickets for a trip to India and when to go. This is really a personal decision but would love other people's thoughts here... I'm obsessing and obsessing, and can't quite let it go.

The scenario - I work full time and, in addition, have been fortunate to become an adjunct at a university this past semester (one class). My supervisor at my primary job will allow me 3 weeks off; however, she can't guarantee the holiday period until we meet in the fall to discuss vacations & coverage amongst the staff. She will let me go without question at any other time, however.

My preferred time would be the holiday season (Christmas week into mid-January) as it would allow me 3 weeks AND I'd be available for the teaching position, should it be offered to me in the fall. Or, I could buy tickets from early January now and either 1) go for less than 3 weeks or 2) return after the start of the next term.

Prices seem reasonably good right now; I've been following prices for a while, and they seem on the lower side of things. Prices could go down lower, but you never know. And, one thing I'm certain, they will almost definitely go up higher. Right now I'm just under 8 months away from when I hope to go.

I'm confused over this decision. I don't know if I should just 1) wait till the fall to buy tickets, when there's a good chance I'd get my preferred time; 2) buy them now for 3 weeks, risking the possibility of not being able to teach, should it be offered; or 3) buy the tickets now and go for less than 3 weeks, and come home in time for the start of the course.

Sensible or not, feedback welcome!

Many thanks for thinking about this,
Paule

22 Replies |Back to top

Sign in to comment.

Advertisement