I'm a new member to the forum, and have really enjoyed reading all of the generous shares here-- what an amazing community!
I'm in the process of planning a honeymoon for my fianceé and myself-- three weeks in Southeast Asia. We've both done a fair bit of traveling, but neither one of us have been to this part of the world... I'd like the trip to be a nice mix of cultural exploration-- we're both open to backpacking and staying in hostels (depending upon the hostel), and beachy pampering.
I've booked our flight in and out of Bangkok (Dec 3rd - 24th), but have yet to book any regional travel. Based upon my own weather research and some of the amazing trips I've read about in this forum, this is what I've got planned so far:
2-3 days in Bangkok, 4 days in Chiang Mai, 4 days in Luang Prabang, 4 days in Siem Reap, 5-6 days in Krabi, and then our last day back in Bangkok (my fiancée's birthday!).
I'd really appreciate your input on this proposed itinerary, length of time in each location, whether there is anyplace that seems to be a egregious omission, and any recommendations for things to do / places to stay in each location : ) i'm thinking that our time in Krabi will be more on the swanky side of things, but the stops in LP and SR could be a bit grittier-- or not... looking forward to your insight Fodors friends!!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 HP Printer 1800:681:7208 Installation CONTACT Hp Tec*h by 24/7d
- 2 Best Tour Guide in India!
- 3 Best Escorts Service in Chennai
- 4 Made Pure Skin
- 5 Vietnam in June end: Sapa vs Hanoi / ha long bay
- 6 Honeymoon - Malaysia and Bali
- 7 Spa Bangkok
- 8 Mini Amazon Forest- Taman Negara- Pahang
- 9 Sapa - current conditions due to typhoon
- 10 Internet in SE Asia
- 11 A trip to Mahabaleshwar (India)
- 12 Bhutan paro Tshechu
- 13 Please help me to start planning a trip to Bhutan
- 14 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 15 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 16 Using a Starling Bank card in SE Asia
- 17 best way to travel between Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam and Siem Reap, Cambodia
- 18 cooking school in Chiang Mai?
- 19 Anti Malarial tablets in SE Asia
- 20 need your help with japan itinerary
- 21 Japan in July with 20 year old
- 22 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 23 Best guidebooks for SE Asia
- 24 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 25 Hotel in Vang Vieng